Which Direction In The Transfer Market?

I say fuck FFP and go all out for Bale and Falcao let's worry about FFP later on. Get shot of Balotelli and Dzeko and draft in Gudetti.

KennyG said:
Backpage on twitter has said we have had a bid for Cavani turned down 55m
Euro's I would assume but that is Falcao's release clause
If we are prepared to spend that kind of money it could be an interesting window
If it was his release clause then how could it be rejected?

kp789 said:
KennyG said:
If we are prepared to spend that kind of money it could be an interesting window

Bid was for Cavani, its the same price as Falcao's release
A bid for Falcao must be an option, unless he has agreed to go elsewhere

abu13 said:
I just hope we go for some pace and width, we have been crying out for this all season, teams have sussed out that by packing the midfield it stiffles our passing game

Whenever them chimps from the swamp come up against a team who park the bus they have the option of going out wide and whipping balls into the box.

We need that option.

Width id go for hulk coz hes unhappy at zenit. Then break the bank for bale. We do need width and pace thats a given

skybluecelt1990 said:
Mancini has made no effort to hide our main problem, a lack of goals from strikers. Aguero & Tevez have struggled to get through defences, despite their best efforts. Dzeko has not produced consistently (when starting). And Balotelli has proved to be a paper tiger.

What we need is an RVP-type player, a front man with technique and an ability to grab a goal out of nothing, the obvious candidates would be Falcao, Cavani and possibly someone like Jovetic. Whether we'll get anyone like that in Jan (or at all) is the big question, and one which surely rests on the future of Balotelli/Dzeko.
He's already gotten that opportunity. He's personally spent £90m+ on strikers in 2 years. How many managers in the world are given license to buy 3 £25m-£40m strikers in the space of 2 seasons, as well as inheriting the £40m+ one we already had? And now he needs another £50m because HIS own purchases happen to not be be performing at the moment?? Nope, not buying it.

This idea that Mancini shouldn't be expect to perform and can't be held accountable for anything whatsoever this season because he wasn't allowed to go out and buy the best players in every position we needed strengthening in in the last transfer window is bollocks. Steve Kean could have us competing at the top if he were allowed to buy 3 world class players every window, doesn't make him a good manager, and certainly not one good enough for City.

Bob's picked the players he's wanted, and he's been given the blank check to sign them - it's now on him. There are few better strikeforces in world football if any at all than the one we have, there should be no reason he needs to add another £50m toy to it to be able to deliver.

KennyG said:
kp789 said:
KennyG said:

Bid was for Cavani, its the same price as Falcao's release
A bid for Falcao must be an option, unless he has agreed to go elsewhere

TBH, his agent has been very up front about the fact that there will be more value in the summer market. And that's when he'll come to us.

MaineRoadM14 said:
skybluecelt1990 said:
Mancini has made no effort to hide our main problem, a lack of goals from strikers. Aguero & Tevez have struggled to get through defences, despite their best efforts. Dzeko has not produced consistently (when starting). And Balotelli has proved to be a paper tiger.

What we need is an RVP-type player, a front man with technique and an ability to grab a goal out of nothing, the obvious candidates would be Falcao, Cavani and possibly someone like Jovetic. Whether we'll get anyone like that in Jan (or at all) is the big question, and one which surely rests on the future of Balotelli/Dzeko.
He's already gotten that opportunity. He's personally spent £90m+ on strikers in 2 years. How many managers in the world are given license to buy 3 £25m-£40m strikers in the space of 2 seasons, as well as inheriting the £40m+ one we already had? And now he needs another £50m because HIS own purchases happen to not be be performing at the moment?? Nope, not buying it.

This idea that Mancini shouldn't be expect to perform and can't be held accountable for anything whatsoever this season because he wasn't allowed to go out and buy the best players in every position we needed strengthening in in the last transfer window is bollocks. Steve Kean could have us competing at the top if he were allowed to buy 3 world class players every window, doesn't make him a good manager, and certainly not one good enough for City.

Bob's picked the players he's wanted, and he's been given the blank check to sign them - it's now on him. There are few better strikeforces in world football if any at all than the one we have, there should be no reason he needs to add another £50m toy to it to be able to deliver.

Agree with this comment and this is why I believe that we will not bring in any players come January. Soriano & Txiki are aware that the direction the club is taking will not involve spending vast amounts of money any longer on players.

Deals may well be in place come January for certain players that Txiki is looking at, but they will not arrive till after this season.

The squad that bobby has at his disposal is good enough to challenge for honours and we should be doing better. He will not be given money in January in any way to improve the squad.

The first team will be cut come next summer, players will be sold on who they believe are not bringing anything to the 1st team and who are on a wage packet that far outweighs what they have achieved at the club.

A core nucleus of players will be left within the first team such as :-
Joe, Vinny, Nastasic, Silva, Yaya, Zaba, Aguero, Tevez etc - and then players such as Paulinho/Isco etc will be looked at to bring in around them so that we are still strong enough to challenge in all competitions.

However we will be looking at bringing in one major signing - such as a player like Neymar. Txiki has major connections in South America from his time at Barca, He is now currently re-opening those contacts for our club so that we can have access to the best young talent from this part of the world.

It is highly possible that we could be looking to bring in Neymar due to the contract we now have with Nike and that he too is sponsored by the same company. A marquee signing is brought in not only to inject the 1st team with the raw talent that they bring, but to also generate the revenue to the club through shirt sales and image rights etc. Soriano & Txiki both did this with Ronaldinho when they took him to Barca.

If a player like Neymar cannot be signed for our club you can guarantee that we will be looking to puchase the next big talent.

The question for me is if Bobby will be given the opportunity to work in this way, or if Soriano & Txiki will want to bring in their own man.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
MaineRoadM14 said:
skybluecelt1990 said:

Agree with this comment and this is why I believe that we will not bring in any players come January. Soriano & Txiki are aware that the direction the club is taking will not involve spending vast amounts of money any longer on players.

Deals may well be in place come January for certain players that Txiki is looking at, but they will not arrive till after this season.

The squad that bobby has at his disposal is good enough to challenge for honours and we should be doing better. He will not be given money in January in any way to improve the squad.

The first team will be cut come next summer, players will be sold on who they believe are not bringing anything to the 1st team and who are on a wage packet that far outweighs what they have achieved at the club.

A core nucleus of players will be left within the first team such as :-
Joe, Vinny, Nastasic, Silva, Yaya, Zaba, Aguero, Tevez etc - and then players such as Paulinho/Isco etc will be looked at to bring in around them so that we are still strong enough to challenge in all competitions.

However we will be looking at bringing in one major signing - such as a player like Neymar. Txiki has major connections in South America from his time at Barca, He is now currently re-opening those contacts for our club so that we can have access to the best young talent from this part of the world.

It is highly possible that we could be looking to bring in Neymar due to the contract we now have with Nike and that he too is sponsored by the same company. A marquee signing is brought in not only to inject the 1st team with the raw talent that they bring, but to also generate the revenue to the club through shirt sales and image rights etc. Soriano & Txiki both did this with Ronaldinho when they took him to Barca.

If a player like Neymar cannot be signed for our club you can guarantee that we will be looking to puchase the next big talent.

The question for me is if Bobby will be given the opportunity to work in this way, or if Soriano & Txiki will want to bring in their own man.

I don't agree that we won't make big signings anymore. I think if a certain player is available and we want him then the cash will be spent. What I think will happen is we will be a lot smarter with signings in the future. I also think signings will be made in the Jan window. This is Txiki's first shopping window with City and if a player or two can be brought in then it will happen. I also think the list of the core group of players who will stay with City long term is quite small, Hart, Kompany, Nastasic & Zabaleta are the only certs for me to stay for the next 5 years. If Falcao was available then I could see any of our strikers leaving in part-ex, even Aguero. Some fans wouldn't be happy but there are always alternative players out there in the market.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.