Which NFL team to support?

Andouble said:
unlikelyfan19 said:
After further thinking, I would go with the Browns. They were good back in the 50's but since then have had a hard time getting things going. They even lost their team in 1996-1999 (sound familiar?) regrouped and got a team back out on the field in 2000. The teamed moved to Baltimore. Their fans though have always been real loyal, and eventually formed a new team. Their fans are quirky and working class and very negative. Same sort of fans.

NFL_Browns_Fan_11162009.jpg

cleveland_browns_fan-9096.jpg

I am a Browns fans and the fanbase is very similar to the common City fan. Very similar organization to City up until our takeover. Rich history, lots of hatred for upper management, loyal fanbase, and in the shadow of rivals (Pittsburgh is the closest rival a little under 2-hour drive away, get ALL of the breaks (sound familiar?), and always beats the Browns).

The Browns are owned by Villa owner Randy Lerner but while he has splashed out cash, he knows nothing about (NFL) football and the team struggles year after year.

With the 4th pick in the draft this year they have a chance of drafting QB Robert Griffin, and to make a loose comparison, I think it would be similar to when Robinho came to City; a pretty standard team gets someone to bring some flair and playmaking and re-energize the fanbase.

Looks like we pretty much hit the nail on the head then. So glad that we can she these ideas of being like Philadelphia, no offense to Philadelphians, but I don't see very many similarities beyond the common losing factors. Fan bases are very different. City fans make legends out of nobodies (glauber etc.) Eagles fans boo there own players often.

unlikelyfan19 said:
After further thinking, I would go with the Browns. They were good back in the 50's but since then have had a hard time getting things going. They even lost their team in 1996-1999 (sound familiar?) regrouped and got a team back out on the field in 2000. The teamed moved to Baltimore. Their fans though have always been real loyal, and eventually formed a new team. Their fans are quirky and working class and very negative. Same sort of fans.

NFL_Browns_Fan_11162009.jpg

cleveland_browns_fan-9096.jpg

You're destined for a lifetime of disappointment. They looked like they were going to have a decent team a year or two ago but then regressed again last year. The desperately need a new QB which they will get in the draft and their defence is pretty good but overall they are also rans. They're also in the AFC North with Pittsburg, Baltimore and my dark horse for the SB next year the Cincinnati Bengals! They drafted brilliantly last year, have a brilliant QB and this year they have two first round draft picks thanks to the stupid Oakland Raiders.

In a word, Cleveland WILL finish bottom of their table next year. It would be an absolute miracle if they don't.

C'mmmmmmmom! GOT TO BE CHICAGO!

Second city, city of big shoulders, great sense of humor, weather usually sucks, great new stadium, still living on old successes, but almost hit the heights recently. Always full of promise in pre-season, usually lose games they shouldn't and beat the odd big time team. Just down the road from recent SuperBowl winners and cheese heads with long history and even the friggin winners trophy is named after their old coach (although the Premier League has yet to officially rename the EPL trophy as the Sir Alex Ferguson Trophy!).

So, Chicago Bears it is!!

Even looks like Manchester lately!

Arctic-weather-blasts-Midwest-heads-east.jpg

And how 'bout that "rounded" stadium?!

soldier_field2.jpg

You're welcome!

Thread closed.

Buffalo fan here, picked them when NFL first arrived on Channel 4, Bills were the worst team in the league, City were hopeless at the time - seemed the natural thing to do.

If you want some Typical City moments, then check out all Buffalo's Superbowl appearances - especially the first and most painful one with Scott Norwood.

Also they've started playing some games in Toronto, so not completely American now...

ChicagoBlue said:
C'mmmmmmmom! GOT TO BE CHICAGO!

Second city, city of big shoulders, great sense of humor, weather usually sucks, great new stadium, still living on old successes, but almost hit the heights recently. Always full of promise in pre-season, usually lose games they shouldn't and beat the odd big time team. Just down the road from recent SuperBowl winners and cheese heads with long history and even the friggin winners trophy is named after their old coach (although the Premier League has yet to officially rename the EPL trophy as the Sir Alex Ferguson Trophy!).

So, Chicago Bears it is!!

Even looks like Manchester lately!

Arctic-weather-blasts-Midwest-heads-east.jpg

And how 'bout that "rounded" stadium?!

soldier_field2.jpg

You're welcome!

Thread closed.

I watched the Chargers v the Bears this year and it was pretty awesome. The Chicago fans I sat next to were ace and very welcoming. Chicago as a city is fantastic, possibly my favourite in America and I've been to and worked in quite a few.

However, the Bears pissed me off this year. The Chargers were the first of 4 consecutive games against AFC West opponents. They beat us but in the process lose their QB for the season! They then lost to all 3 of our rivals = Chargers out of playoffs. Great City, great stadium, but fuck the Bears ;)

jay_mcfc said:
In a word, Cleveland WILL finish bottom of their table next year. It would be an absolute miracle if they don't.

wrong. Every year in the NFL a handful of teams make the playoffs that were absolute wank the season before. It doesn't take a whole lot to turn a bad team into a playoff team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.