Which result disappointed you the most

Most of mine already covered but I remember being particularly miserable after losing to CSKA at home a couple of years ago. Abject performance coupled with farcical refereeing and an arrogant away manager taking the piss was not a night I remember fondly.

Our loss to Chelsea at home this season was particularly galling.

We were the better side by quite some distance and contrived to lose.

A City victory would have halted the Chelsea bandwagon and dented their belief. I think the season would have gone quite differently for them and us from that point had we secured the victory.

Have to agree with the OP. Wembley replay, '81.

I had my "O" level French oral exam (fnack) moved by school so I could go. My older bro, his mate and I traveled down with Finglands convinced we were going to win. That journey home was cruel...

I'm sure there are many, many more to add to a "rather disappointing" list from the dark years that followed, though this one is still ingrained in my memory.

(and for those who are interested I only got a "C" in french...)

West Ham FA Cup Quarter Final Defeat in 2006
Nearly all the Top sides had been knocked out, and we'd got the home draw we so desperately craved.
All it required was a routine victory over a team we'd already beaten earlier in the season, and then Boro in the Semi Final.
Oh, and don't play our best team in a meaningless League match, two days prior to the game.

Great shout. Dean f**king Ashton!

Thought we had a great chance to win the Europa league in 10/11..Topped our group, eased into the last 16 then tanked it vs Dynamo Kyiv..Balotelli was terrible in the home leg, put it over the bar from 3 yards out then got sent off before half-time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.