Which result disappointed you the most

Wigan cup final was bad although I still think getting done for tactics had as much to do with us losing as the player's being shite. We'd struggled to beat them at home a few weeks earlier and Martinez just replicated the systems used by teams in Europe that we'd failed against.

2-2 v QPR in 98.
0-1 v Bury at home a few weeks earlier, although that was more utter desolation than disappointment.

My personal worst was the cup quarter final at Blackburn. We were dismal, the players and the crowd were at each others throats and it was confirmation that in the space of five years we'd managed to create a team that was far worse than the one that had been promoted in 02.

5-0 at the swamp. It was my 10th birthday, and they proper let me down. School the next day was the first time I can remember getting proper abuse all day.
This represented one the worst days of my life.

I was about the same age as you and growing up in Bedfordshire meant that I was surrounded by Utd fans at school. There were 5 city fans; me and my brother, and my best mate and his siblings. Their parents (the dad played for City reserves in 70S) let them skip school the next day but my mum made me go in.

I literally was chased around the playground by a goading mob. One of them dropped their lunchbox so I picked it up and booted it over the fence. Got detention but was worth it just to see the Rag's sandwiches scattered everywhere.

As a youngster with nothing on my mind but football the Halifax result devastated me at the time. Too many disappointments after that too choose from.

By no means the worst result but not going for it against Real Madrid was so disappointing.

Spurs 1-1
Spurs 2-4 QF
Notts County 3-2 defeat promotion game
Notts County 0-1 cup
Oldham defeat Cup
Rags 2-4 cup when they had 10 men for much of the game
Bournemouth 3-3 after being 3 up. Not a defeat but felt like it.
Rags 2-3 from 2-0 up.
Rags 2-3 VP late goal
rags 0-1 ginger late goal.
Rags 0-1 Vassell missed pen
0-1 Bury
Loss to Stockport

After 90 mins of a game we played on the 13th May 2012, utter desperation, suicidal, incomprehensible, heartache, dejection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.