Which result disappointed you the most

Our loss to Chelsea at home this season was particularly galling.

We were the better side by quite some distance and contrived to lose.

A City victory would have halted the Chelsea bandwagon and dented their belief. I think the season would have gone quite differently for them and us from that point had we secured the victory.
Also only 4pts behind instead of 10.

Boro 8 - 1.... Felt like a nightmare that never ended. Every goal just added to the misery. We were chopped liver by the end of that season. The last few months was just ridiculous.

Really? This result didn't bother me that much, we'd had a great season by previous standards, spending time in the top 4 instead of the bottom 3 after the most depressing season in memory with Psycho at the end of which we sacked our most effective player it was pure heaven. FFS we were safe by March that year!!! Sven getting the sack upset me all right as I thought he'd done a great job and I just viewed the Smoggies match as kind of a sit in protest by the players really.

Getting beat by Coventry at home in the FA Cup in 1982. As an 11 year old, I assumed that if you got beat in the final, you pretty much were guaranteed to go back the following year and win it but Peter bleeding Bodak put paid to that and then just to compound the fact, we signed him the following year I think and he was shite!

hamburg, was gutted when that elano free kick didn't go in. the other one would have to be when fowler missed that penalty haha

The atmosphere in Mary D's after the Fowler miss was proper City, you'd think we'd won the league rather than fucked up getting into Europe.

wouldn't surprise me, we could handle defeat or failure a bit better back then . i remember listening to the game in the car, having radio manchester on. i had a feeling he would probably miss haha

Most of the games under Stuart Pearce (especially at home) but the cup game at Blackburn...
pre match - what an atmosphere
post match - horrible to see - so much Blue on Blue aggression

5-0 at the swamp. It was my 10th birthday, and they proper let me down. School the next day was the first time I can remember getting proper abuse all day.

Most of the games under Stuart Pearce (especially at home) but the cup game at Blackburn...
pre match - what an atmosphere
post match - horrible to see - so much Blue on Blue aggression

One of my sons first away games, the look on his face at the end when all the shit was going on around us,the you're not fit to wear the shirt chants and Bartons being thrown back out at him!!! Thought it'd scar him for life but he got used to it lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.