Which set of fans are the most deluded and why?

Can't believe some mention Everton, Newcastle and Spurs

Just because they claim they're a big club that doesn't mean that they're deluded. Villa, Leeds, Spurs, City, Everton, Newcastle all claim to be big clubs, which they are.

Deluded in my opinion is someone who thinks they have a divine right to win medals or a title. Like Liverpool & Arsenal fans. Every year on their forums they claim they shouldn't be in this situation and should be winning titles.

I think there was a lot of delusion on this forum last season, comments like "United are running scared" "We'll win the title" not to mention that bloke who got that daft tattoo done.

I think many of our fans are fairly deluded (myself included). I don't think we have ever been the dominant force in English football. That includes 68 to 73. Maybe if we'd done the double in 68 or won championship in 72 you could make a case. But as the record books stand - the 1968 championship was a flash in the pan.
I get the impression from historical sources, that City could have been a dominant powerhouse in the 1930's. Alas, Herbert Chapman had turfed up at Arsenal, and they made that decade theirs.
Most clubs have history. I think City may be amongst the clubs with the biggest gap, historically, between expectation and actual achievement. That would therefore make us amongst the most deluded? My point is, City fans have always regarded City as a top club - when by a large, we have not been.
Of course, The Toon army takes delusion to a whole different level. Their astonishing reality gap between imagined history and fact challenges the known laws of physics. But I think we run them a close second. Spuds are almost as bad as us - if only they didn't have such a record of overachieving in cups. It's a long way back to 1961 - but winning the double when it meant something still matters.
Villa and Everton have far more successful histories than us. Even Leeds (washes out mouth).
The lesson of Manchester City is that if you maintain your delusion no matter how outlandish and in the face of all the evidence to the contrary, something may happen to shift reality in the direction of your delusion. Sadly for the Toon, the chances of this happening twice in any universe are extremely low.

I think you would have to say all Clubs have a decent core of fans who like football and are prepared to tolerate other clubs. All clubs, including us, have the village idiots who populate the fan internet sites. I'll now put my tin hat on before I say I know some decent utd fans who would never dream of calling us Ciddy or bitters and can talk about football without the red tinted glassess. I also know Everton and Spurs fans who are the same. I think the fan forums aren't a true representation of how the majority of a clubs fans think.

Having said that i think the rag village idiots are the most deluded.

I should like to offer this thread:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=262414.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=262414.0</a>

as Liverpool's entry for the delusion stakes. The OP blames what appears to be their mental illness of the state of things at their Club. Lord above, if they'd supported City they'd have topped themselves years ago.

It's a nonsense to isolate individual clubs, as thought they have a group identity.

A significant proportion of all football crowds are deluded. And ignorant. That's about it.

There is no "winner" or "loser". Silly to pretend otherwise.

BrianW said:
I should like to offer this thread:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=262414.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=262414.0</a>

as Liverpool's entry for the delusion stakes. The OP blames what appears to be their mental illness of the state of things at their Club. Lord above, if they'd supported City they'd have topped themselves years ago.

They're all just trying too hard to be 'super fan' over there - depression, medical advice, self-harm, wtf?! some of them are creepy people.

And the saddest thing is this all clear marks them out as glory-hunters because the thing they're all in a tizz about is them not signing big name players.

They can say it's because of the ownership situation and all the complexities of it etc but the most obvious manifestation of that is the transfer policy and if it weren't for that I doubt they'd even fooking notice, half of them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.