Which set of fans are the most deluded and why?

Without a shadow of a doubt the scousers! Their sense of entitlement is a joke. They still think they are a massive club. Fans worldwide maybe. Didn't you hear they are the biggest club in Denmark according to Poulson! Fans in African, Asia and Denmark won't win you things. They will soon disappear now they aren't going to be regulars in the Champs league. They are on a downward spiral and I can't see any way out for them. They have an ok side this year but not top 4. Benitez has screwed them over by buying awful players and selling their best. I would feel sorry for them but they are by far the set of fans with the biggest chip on their shoulders in the country, typical of the city in general. The fact they are in meltdown on RAWK cos they are gonna be mid table is hilarious. I hope they get relagated in the next few years I wonder how many of them will still be knocking about then.

mcfc391 said:
W I would feel sorry for them but they are by far the set of fans with the biggest chip on their shoulders in the country, typical of the city in general. .

I think you're right. I've heard too many of them belittling and dismissive about our club. They have been seriously disrespectful about City. They deserve all they get and they can do one.

Fornicators.

Pam said:
mike1923 said:
Good shout that mate.

For all their talk about attractive football, the only player who could do the ugly side of the game for them was Vieira. He left five five (or six?) years ago, and for all the talented players they've had since, they haven't turned their flair into medals.

Denial is the Gooner's default position these days.

-- Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:26 am --

Guy_Fawkes2010 said:
All I can say is .........

Click Here Tick Tock Tick Tock !

Not long to wait now.....they are all deluded ...simples !!

I like it.

Well thankyou...I might expand on that one when I get a bit more time ;-)

Pam said:
The Red Scouse pip the Rag twats to the post, for me, in terms of rants and vitriol. Only because they are the ones who are immeditely threatened but the swampies aren't far behind. Oh yeah, and the self-regarding Spuds are deluded about everything.

Blue Dippers
Red Dippers

In truth there aint much between them - one set think they are going to be top 4 and the other set think the score flattered us on Monday

Pam said:
King Geedorah said:
As much as United are deluded about them being the golden boys of English football, their "support" and all that mumbo jumbo, I don't think they can be called deluded about their level of success or how good they are. Unless of course we're talking Europe relative to their domestic success.

In short, Liverpool because they both talk the exact same game just United have more to back it up.

They do for the time being, alright, but the fact that they've been under investing for two seasons already will catch up with them fast. And you can't win anything with pensioners.

I'm sorry, but the rags have invested fookin millions into their squad over the last few years. That's what made bacon face look so stupid with his kamikaze jibe. These are just 11 off tw*ts off the top of my head, all but 1 in their 20's.

Evra, Vidic, Anderson, Nani, Carrick, Berbaflop, Valencia, Obertan, Diouf, Hernandez, Smalling, Bebe....About 150 million.

The ghost of Burnage lane said:
Pam said:
They do for the time being, alright, but the fact that they've been under investing for two seasons already will catch up with them fast. And you can't win anything with pensioners.

I'm sorry, but the rags have invested fookin millions into their squad over the last few years. That's what made bacon face look so stupid with his kamikaze jibe. These are just 11 off tw*ts off the top of my head, all but 1 in their 20's.

Evra, Vidic, Anderson, Nani, Carrick, Berbaflop, Valencia, Obertan, Diouf, Hernandez, Smalling, Bebe....About 150 million.

Yes but too many on that list are just ordinary players and without the older rag hands, they would struggle to make the top four. You can't get away with it season in, season out. Ask the Norwich United brigade if you don't believe me. Other than Evra, Berbaflop and Evra, I wouldn't want anyone on that list to come to City. Some of them are an utter waste of space.

Pam said:

Yes but too many on that list are just ordinary players and without the older rag hands, they would struggle to make the top four. You can't get away with it season in, season out. Ask the Norwich United brigade if you don't believe me. Other than Evra, Berbaflop and Evra, I wouldn't want anyone on that list to come to City. Some of them are an utter waste of space.

Vidic, Evra and Berbatov are all top level players, I'm sure we can agree?

I don't expect many to be a fan of Carrick but I think he's great - play him instead of Barry and he'd not only keep the ball well, which Barry does excellently, but he'd have an extra bit of class and vision.

Anderson and Nani are very talented - Nani's almost nailed on to be a key attacker for us for years(was no-one impressed with him in the second half of last season?) and Anderson's, well...no-one's really sure. He made a huge impression on everyone when he first came - including Sir Alex calling him Scholes' natural heir - but he's arsed about a lot. If he doesn't make it here I think he'll be a star in Spain.

Valencia created the second highest amount of chances in the league last season, joint with Fabregas, so I think he's quite good. Wouldn't suggest he be a player for your lot but he's been very effective so far.

The other ones could go either way, they could easily all fail. Did anyone watch the reserve game last night and think Smalling looked promising though? He's incredibly raw, much like Obertan, Bebe, Diouf and even Hernandez, so it's quite strange to see us bring them all in at once, but what do I know?

Most deluded fans? City fans. I think it doesn't matter how good we get, we will always believe we are shit, or something awful is just around the corner! When I was a kid of 7 yo we won the league (my dad went to Newcastle that day, and I have a grainy video, and it still brings tears to my eyes). Then we beat WBA 6 - 1 in the charity shield (video also available), then we won the F.A. cup (ditto previous), then the League cup (etc.) and the European Cup Winners Cup (you know what I'm going to say), and the world was our lobster. Then things basically went tits up. Yes we made the league cup final again a couple of times in the 70's, and won it once, and lost to the yids in the '81 F.A. cup final (unluckily). Over a number of those years my Dad was a season ticket holder at Maine Road. He also got tickets to the swamp for derbies in or close to the directors box because of some way of knowing Johnny Aston (he also went to school with Neil Young's brother, Chris). Having my Dad come home from the swamp and say "You know what son, 3 - 0 at half-time to us and I thought they'd all gone for a Bovril. Bastards never came back!", was a thing I'll never forget.
No history? GTFO to all the press and opposition fans who come out with that bollocks. But you know what? When City signed Rodney Marsh in '72, it cost us the title. What did City fans do? Protest against the ownership, or Malcolm Allisin's decision to shell out £200 000 (a record at the time) on a player who Colin Bell ended up refusing to pass to? No, we just said "typical bleedin' City".
Get used to it, from now on, "typical bleedin' City" means being on a different planet to shite like the dippers, and others. I envy 7 yo kids now who are City fans, the world really is their lobster. They will never remember being in the equivalent of div. 3. and will look down their noses at anyone daft enough to support shite like the rags.

Rant and reminiscence over.

Pam said:

I admire your denial of their squad players being anygood, but the combined medal haul of just a handfull of these players, is probably double/tripple that of our entire 25 man squad!! They won't suddenly stop winning because Giggs and Scholes retire. And if that was the case, they'd just buy in replacements for them when the time came. Fergie might be the clincher?

I sense a reverse snobbery growing in many of our fans, and I can't see where it will lead us. We are pitting ourselves up against a lion and we aren't much bigger than a cub, and we haven't yet fought our way through the hyenas, bears and tigers. One battle at a time, Pam.

Pam said:

I admire your denial of their squad players being anygood, but the combined medal haul of just a handfull of these players, is probably double/tripple that of our entire 25 man squad!! They won't suddenly stop winning because Giggs and Scholes retire. And if that was the case, they'd just buy in replacements for them when the time came. Fergie might be the clincher?

I sense a reverse snobbery growing in many of our fans, and I can't see where it will lead us. We are pitting ourselves up against a lion and we aren't much bigger than a cub, and we haven't yet fought our way through the hyenas, bears and tigers. One battle at a time, Pam.

Most spectacularly transparent rag wummery yet. Do us a favour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.