Which set of fans are the most deluded and why?

I guess a lot of how you class a "big" club goes back to what you saw and knew as a kid...
Clubs that will always be "big" regardless of trophies, money etc...in my mind! ...This is how I see the world...

Top clubs....
City
United
Liverpool
Everton
Newcastle
Leeds
Spurs
Arsenal
Villa (borderline)

In a slightly lower tier of esteem.....
Chelsea
Forest
Sunderland
Derby
West Ham

Followed by...
Norwich
Ipswich
West Brom
Birmingham
Leicester
Southampton
Wolves
...and clubs which will never make my top bracket if they won the premier for the next thousand years ...
Wigan
Bolton
Burnley
Blackburn
Palace
Pompey
Fulham
Coventry
Cardiff
Bristol Titty

Every single set of football fans at every club (well, every decent sized club anyway) are deluded, biased and full of shit as a whole.

Individually, there are loads that aren't. But they are massively outweighed by the numpties with their persecution complexes, biased bullshit and hypocrisy.

Rammyblues said:
Didsbury Dave wrote:
It's a nonsense to isolate individual clubs, as thought they have a group identity.

A significant proportion of all football crowds are deluded. And ignorant. That's about it.

There is no "winner" or "loser". Silly to pretend otherwise.

Agreed, propaganda is what makes football tick, get the masses to believe their club is the best in the world with the best fans and irrespective of the reality they will keep coming back for more. But if you were to ask me which fans are more arrogant of the devine belief that they ought to always win and be at the top you have to look only at the two clubs with the so called history factor, and for me that is always the rags followed by the red scouse.

I actually do believe that United are the exception to this rule.

Perhaps less so amongst their older fans, but certainly the more recent ones are brought up with arrogance. It's part of the club culture.

In the same way that City fans can be insecure and nervy, United fans like to be boastful and sneering. Not all but some.

I'm not sure they are any more deluded than anyone else though.

Didsbury Dave said:
Rammyblues said:
Agreed, propaganda is what makes football tick, get the masses to believe their club is the best in the world with the best fans and irrespective of the reality they will keep coming back for more. But if you were to ask me which fans are more arrogant of the devine belief that they ought to always win and be at the top you have to look only at the two clubs with the so called history factor, and for me that is always the rags followed by the red scouse.

I actually do believe that United are the exception to this rule.

Perhaps less so amongst their older fans, but certainly the more recent ones are brought up with arrogance. It's part of the club culture.

In the same way that City fans can be insecure and nervy, United fans like to be boastful and sneering. Not all but some.

I'm not sure they are any more deluded than anyone else though.

That's what success breeds.

Two reasons, imo.

Firstly, every set of fans have people who have a propensity for acting like that. It's their character, regardless of football. Some people just have no class or decency.

Secondly, success attracts gloryhunters (of all sorts - people with no connection to the club from the other end of the country, as well as the sort that are from the same place but wouldn't really be a 'fan' (in the loosest terms) if it wasn't a successful team).

Gloryhunters are gloryhunters exactly because they want to use their 'support' as a sort of ego boost. So boasting and sneering goes hand in hand with that pathetic view.

Clowns like Ferguson might encourage that attitude with his own lack of class but it would probably happen at any club who dominates for a period and I would have a decent bet on it happening here too amongst the above two sets of people.

The gloryhunter set won't include proper, long term City fans but the first group mentioned definitely could as every club in the country has fans like that.

danburge82 said:
The Rags. By far the most deluded and brain dead set of morons in the world, bar none!

They've gone bust once - at a time (early 1900's) they were getting merely hundreds of fans in to watch their games at Bank Street - and had to be bailed out by a mega-rich owner otherwise they would have had to fold and all that followed would never have happened. His money, added to the players they were given by City (as they were banned from playing for City) helped them win trophies; not by being a big club.

They then nearly went bust again in the late 20's as this MASSIVE club were still only getting crowds of 4000 and went on a run of 37years without winning a trophy. And couldn't even afford their own kits so had to be given our old ones.

They had a decent period under City star Matt Busby. Fair play to 'em. The only real credit this club deserves (if they take the stance that we don't deserve success from our new found wealth!).

But then went over two decades without being a major force in this country. So what did they do? They spent more money on players than any club ever had before, and paid the most expensive team ever assembled the highest wages ever seen in football. All this at a time when they hadn't won the league in over 20 years. They had one, 1, ONE, home grown player in that squad (Ryan Giggs). So everything about that whole squad was about what they'd bought in at a time they had been no more successful in the 70's and 80's than Boro were in the 90's and early 2000's. But because Liverpool had started to decline and the state of football in this country was very poor with no decent teams at all; United went on and won all the trophies with no or very little opposition.

But they are the most over self important 'high and mighty' fans in the world. They think their clubs success was built on great foundations, that all their trophy winning teams were full of home grown players, that they only spent money due to their success; but they did nothing different in the late 80's and early 90's to what City are doing now, and to what they themselves did in the early part of last century. But apparently what we're doing now is a disgrace, we don't deserve it. They still come out with banners saying "YOUR PLAYERS MAKE MONEY, OUR PLAYERS MAKE HISTORY" "YOUR PLAYERS EARN MONEY, OUR PLAYERS EARN RESPECT" Forgetting all along that we are just mirroring them from their early Fergie days, yet we have more home grown players in our squad now than they did in 1992.

Oh and I've not even mentioned that they used the tragedy of the Munich air disaster to propel the name and fame of their club forward. They almost used it as a tool to make the country feel sorry for them and gain fans from around the country. To me that's just sick. And they treated the survivors and the families of the fatalities like shit for decades after.

Also their identity is a fraud. In the first decade of the 1900's they stole our clubs name, Lancashire CCC's ground name and Salford RLFC's club colours. They later stole Salford RLFC's nick name 'The Red Devils' which was given to Salford by the French press after a tour over there saw Salford win all their games and they were termed 'Les Diables Rouge' because they were so fearsome in victory. And now their half-wit fans look like Norwich City. Yet they'll still give our club shit, still have their stupid banner up which won't even mean anything unless we don't win a trophy by 2014, still belittle City and anyone else at every opportunity. But look out Rags your huge club is on the slide and WILL be taken over by... City!
Brilliant!
What are you doing next week? Were a man down in the pub quiz!<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:57 pm --<br /><br />
BillyMC said:
I guess a lot of how you class a "big" club goes back to what you saw and knew as a kid...
Clubs that will always be "big" regardless of trophies, money etc...in my mind! ...This is how I see the world...

Top clubs....
City
United
Liverpool
Everton
Newcastle
Leeds
Spurs
Arsenal
Villa (borderline)

In a slightly lower tier of esteem.....
Chelsea
Forest
Sunderland
Derby
West Ham

Followed by...
Norwich
Ipswich
West Brom
Birmingham
Leicester
Southampton
Wolves
...and clubs which will never make my top bracket if they won the premier for the next thousand years ...
Wigan
Bolton
Burnley
Blackburn
Palace
Pompey
Fulham
Coventry
Cardiff
Bristol Titty
Newcastle and Leeds only have one team in the town ,
as do many other clubs so who else are they gunner support?
The two Sheffield clubs are as big in me eyes for loyalty and passion!

United easily.

They reckon Macheda, Gibson, Welbeck, Cleverley, Bebe etc are going to be world class.... bahaha

Swales lives said:
Irlamblue said:
FC United..........has to be.

didnt win the league for three years so they thought they would set up the club again.............WTF

That wasn't a club I expected to be named, just low life Judas scumbags. Good shout though.
I'm with Pam - those scouse pigs are the most deluded cünts on the planet. History this, history that, my dad used to cut Ringo's hair... just fuck off you lazy maudlin twats.
if its not HISTORY its fuckin JUSTICE

Spurs fans for me , try having a chat about football, and all they do is shout Wickey Veearrr in your face. Try telling them about the 3-4 comeback and they'll go that waz fackin years ago you caant.
Fuckin hate them.

Pam said:
The Red Scouse pip the Rag twats to the post, for me, in terms of rants and vitriol. Only because they are the ones who are immeditely threatened but the swampies aren't far behind. Oh yeah, and the self-regarding Spuds are deluded about everything.

RAGS

90% of football fans have a limited understanding of the game and simply repeat what they've heard the press say or people inside of the game.

I'm not arsed to be honest. It's simply a reflection of the fact that 90% of people are uneducated, dribbling morons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.