Whiskey nose revange against Preston.

Bjorn said:
Cambridgeblue said:
This being the SON who only got the job cos of who his dad is and not due to any personal merit whatsoever... so it's perfectly fine to mollycoddle a talentless waste of space cos he's your son rather than encourage him to pursue a career where he can stand on his own two feet.

Glad you're not my father.

He got the job because he had done brilliantly over at Peterborough and it looked like he might actually be a pretty good manager at that level. As it turns out he's not but he did get the job on merit, there's no doubt about that.

Some of the comments in this thread are crazy. Saying Alex Ferguson is a selfish man who wouldn't help anyone out is ridiculous considering there are very few top flight managers he hasn't helped out over the years. He's probably had the biggest rivalry with Rafa Benitez and yet I remember him saying that when he was starting out in Spanish football he was invited by Ferguson to watch United train and try and learn something.

Obviously not a lot of City fans are going to like the man but at least use valid points.

And how many United loan players did he get at Peterborough? Any muppet could do a decent job at a lower league team with a couple of star loans from dear old daddy's premier league team. However you dress it up his managerial career is one born of nepotism, pure and simple.

Loan moves from United whilst Fergiescum Jnr was manager at Peterborough...

James Chester - MUFC to Peterborough on loan
Ben Amos - MUFC to Peterborough on loan

to name but two.

Plus a money spinning pre-season friendly.

Hardly standing on his own two feet now is it... and one wonders how much more indirect string pulling was done by Slur Alex.

Cambridgeblue said:
And how many United loan players did he get at Peterborough? Any muppet could do a decent job at a lower league team with a couple of star loans from dear old daddy's premier league team. However you dress it up his managerial career is one born of nepotism, pure and simple.

As far as I know he got James Chester, which is far from a "star loan" in my definition. Maybe he got others but if he did I'm not aware of them.

His managerial career was not "born of nepotism" either, as that would imply that he got his position in the game through being given positions he was not qualified for as a result of having contacts. He got the United job on the back of overthrowing the Old Firm over in Scotland and achieving European success.

To say he is 'nepotistic' would be a much more accurate statement, but then again most successful people in football are so I don't see how it's a terrible insult. Managers loan players to other managers they are friendly with all the time, as long as it benefits all parties I don't see the problem. Would you mind if Mancini gave Leonardo a couple of players on loan to try and see Inter through their injury crisis? I doubt it.

Bjorn said:
Cambridgeblue said:

As far as I know he got James Chester, which is far from a "star loan" in my definition. Maybe he got others but if he did I'm not aware of them.

His managerial career was not "born of nepotism" either, as that would imply that he got his position in the game through being given positions he was not qualified for as a result of having contacts. He got the United job on the back of overthrowing the Old Firm over in Scotland and achieving European success.

To say he is 'nepotistic' would be a much more accurate statement, but then again most successful people in football are so I don't see how it's a terrible insult. Managers loan players to other managers they are friendly with all the time, as long as it benefits all parties I don't see the problem. Would you mind if Mancini gave Leonardo a couple of players on loan to try and see Inter through their injury crisis? I doubt it.

I bet you also think he didn't influence Pulis? Guys a grade a c*nt and so are you for being his apologise!!

cookster said:
Bjorn said:

I bet you also think he didn't influence Pulis? Guys a grade a c*nt and so are you for being his apologise!!

No need for the mouthing off there.

I'm not apologising for his actions at Preston, I don't think that was right at all but, as I said in my first post on the topic, if you are going to criticise somebody do it with something worthy of criticism and don't bring pointless arguments into it.

Shows him up to be the bitter, selfish prick he is. How many games is he going to give them two players he has recalled? The answer realistically is none. They were getting first team football at Preston I should imagine so he put his own childish vandetta against the club who rightfully sacked his son ahead of these kids careers.

I can't say I am surprised though. The man has no shame or morality. That is not management, that is putting his personal life ahead of footballing decisions and himself before the club given the failure to enhance the development of youth. And he is meant to be the greatest british manager? Well if any rag can condone this behaviour, I'd love to know how and why, allegiance and red tinted glasses aside.

Bjorn said:
cookster said:

No need for the mouthing off there.

I'm not apologising for his actions at Preston, I don't think that was right at all but, as I said in my first post on the topic, if you are going to criticise somebody do it with something worthy of criticism and don't bring pointless arguments into it.

I'm not mouthing off, it's an opinion! The guy and his bent buddies operate a cartel, no doubt Pulis will bend over and take a beating when they next play Manure!

C_T_I_D said:
Well if any rag can condone this behaviour, I'd love to know how and why, allegiance and red tinted glasses aside.

You answered your own question there.

Most football fans would be the same if it was their manager.

Bjorn said:
Cambridgeblue said:
This being the SON who only got the job cos of who his dad is and not due to any personal merit whatsoever... so it's perfectly fine to mollycoddle a talentless waste of space cos he's your son rather than encourage him to pursue a career where he can stand on his own two feet.

Glad you're not my father.

He got the job because he had done brilliantly over at Peterborough and it looked like he might actually be a pretty good manager at that level. As it turns out he's not but he did get the job on merit, there's no doubt about that.

Some of the comments in this thread are crazy. Saying Alex Ferguson is a selfish man who wouldn't help anyone out is ridiculous considering there are very few top flight managers he hasn't helped out over the years. He's probably had the biggest rivalry with Rafa Benitez and yet I remember him saying that when he was starting out in Spanish football he was invited by Ferguson to watch United train and try and learn something.

Obviously not a lot of City fans are going to like the man but at least use valid points.
He is like Don Corleone and only helps people out to get something back, not because he's a kind soul. He's a bullying control-freak which is why everyone is so scared of him because, like the Godfather, if you cross him you are as good as dead to him.

C_T_I_D said:
Shows him up to be the bitter, selfish prick he is. How many games is he going to give them two players he has recalled? The answer realistically is none. They were getting first team football at Preston I should imagine so he put his own childish vandetta against the club who rightfully sacked his son ahead of these kids careers.

I can't say I am surprised though. The man has no shame or morality. That is not management, that is putting his personal life ahead of footballing decisions and himself before the club given the failure to enhance the development of youth. And he is meant to be the greatest british manager? Well if any rag can condone this behaviour, I'd love to know how and why, allegiance and red tinted glasses aside.

Got a history of putting his personal life first - aka John Magnier and JP McManus

Believe these 2 players were due back next week anyway..BUT for their sakes would you not let them see out their full loan term ?

Seems rather childish and petty to be honest .....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.