Whiskey nose revange against Preston.

dw7 said:
fair play to him i'd say he's sticking up for his SON who was sacked

This being the SON who only got the job cos of who his dad is and not due to any personal merit whatsoever... so it's perfectly fine to mollycoddle a talentless waste of space cos he's your son rather than encourage him to pursue a career where he can stand on his own two feet.

Glad you're not my father.

Cambridgeblue said:
This being the SON who only got the job cos of who his dad is and not due to any personal merit whatsoever... so it's perfectly fine to mollycoddle a talentless waste of space cos he's your son rather than encourage him to pursue a career where he can stand on his own two feet.

He got the job because he had done brilliantly over at Peterborough and it looked like he might actually be a pretty good manager at that level. As it turns out he's not but he did get the job on merit, there's no doubt about that.

Some of the comments in this thread are crazy. Saying Alex Ferguson is a selfish man who wouldn't help anyone out is ridiculous considering there are very few top flight managers he hasn't helped out over the years. He's probably had the biggest rivalry with Rafa Benitez and yet I remember him saying that when he was starting out in Spanish football he was invited by Ferguson to watch United train and try and learn something.

Obviously not a lot of City fans are going to like the man but at least use valid points.

Bjorn said:
Cambridgeblue said:

He got the job because he had done brilliantly over at Peterborough and it looked like he might actually be a pretty good manager at that level. As it turns out he's not but he did get the job on merit, there's no doubt about that.

Some of the comments in this thread are crazy. Saying Alex Ferguson is a selfish man who wouldn't help anyone out is ridiculous considering there are very few top flight managers he hasn't helped out over the years. He's probably had the biggest rivalry with Rafa Benitez and yet I remember him saying that when he was starting out in Spanish football he was invited by Ferguson to watch United train and try and learn something.

Obviously not a lot of City fans are going to like the man but at least use valid points.

Hope you have a tin hat at the ready.....

Taggert is a self serving, egotistical, narcissistic bully who tells porkies!

I could go on but i think you get my drift...

blueinsa said:
Bjorn said:
Hope you have a tin hat at the ready.....

Taggert is a self serving, egotistical, narcissistic bully who tells porkies!

I could go on but i think you get my drift...

He definitely tells lies a lot that much is true but he's not self serving. He has helped out a lot of managers in the game which would prove that. Mourinho and Benitez to name a couple.

I'm not saying to like the man but at least criticise him for the right things.

Bjorn said:
Cambridgeblue said:

Its pointless using real stats as opposed to views based on the hatred of Taggart, some people just refuse to see further than that hatred. Taggart Junior did a top job at Peterbrough and as you rightly say, that is why he got the Preston job, so Cambridgeblues post about it not being because of any personal merit whatsoever, puts him in the 'can't see further than the hatred for Taggart' category. The 2 lads in question loan spells were due to end next Tuesday anyway, however it is a silly, petty thing to do as more than anything it is fucking about with their careers.

Pigeonho said:
Bjorn said:

Its pointless using real stats as opposed to views based on the hatred of Taggart, some people just refuse to see further than that hatred. Taggart Junior did a top job at Peterbrough and as you rightly say, that is why he got the Preston job, so Cambridgeblues post about it not being because of any personal merit whatsoever, puts him in the 'can't see further than the hatred for Taggart' category. The 2 lads in question loan spells were due to end next Tuesday anyway, however it is a silly, petty thing to do as more than anything it is fucking about with their careers.
he was sacked by peterborough when they were bottom of the championship
now he's repeated the feat with pne

at least he's consistent

squirtyflower said:
Pigeonho said:
he was sacked by peterborough when they were bottom of the championship
now he's repeated the feat with pne

at least he's consistent
He got back to back promotions with them, which is why Preston gave him the job. At Peterborough he had league 1 players in the majority. Preston had a good set of players for him to make that next step up. Ultimately he has shown he can't hack it at that level, yet, but my point was to Cambridgeblue that he didn't get the job because of who his dad is, he got it because of those back to back promotions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.