Who’s your favourite City manager ever?

What about the 2012/13 season?
Sold down the river with abysmal transfer policy. “You’ve just won us our fist league in 44yrs Mr. Mancini. Please have Jack Rodwell and our very best wishes for the forthcoming season. Oh, and Scott Sinclair"

if I just consider those in my lifetime it goes

Mancini
Pep (he will probably rise above Mancini)
Pellegrini
Book
Royle
McNeill
Keegan
Big Mal (but only because my dad loved him)
Horton
Bond
Sven
Machin
Hughes
Kendall
Reid
Frizzell
Pearce
Clark
Benson
Ball
Coppell

think thats it, dont think I've missed anyone but I am sure people will let me know if I have

Seems so, however the principle applies for me.....

He underperformed hugely in the last two seasons.

Considering the state of the league when Pellegrini was there he really let opportunities slip. That 14/15 Chelsea side were so average and the top 4 letting Leicester City win is embarrassing really however nice a story it is.

I've no doubt if Pep managed those 3 seasons with the same players we'd have won 3 league titles.

I do think Pellegrini basically realising he was just a place holder and time was ticking on his employment contributed significantly though.

Pep for me.
Mancini’s was great for the reasons already mentioned but his tenure ended pretty bad. Allowing the GPC to have the last laugh before his retirement and the FA Cup final loss was hard to take after what he had achieved previously.
Bit harsh to blame the manager for that debacle to be fair.....

Considering the state of the league when Pellegrini was there he really let opportunities slip. That 14/15 Chelsea side were so average and the top 4 letting Leicester City win is embarrassing really however nice a story it is.

I've no doubt if Pep managed those 3 seasons with the same players we'd have won 3 league titles.

I do think Pellegrini basically realising he was just a place holder and time was ticking on his employment contributed significantly though.

Pellegrini has a great first season but went well off the boil after that. The back and to football he had us playing was turgid at times. It almost had no purpose to it unlike now!

John Bond

When he took over and bought Gow Hutchison and McDonald it coincided with me starting to go regularly and it was very exciting, loads of goals most home games and a great atmosphere in the stadium.

Reactions: SVP
Pellegrini has a great first season but went well off the boil after that. The back and to football he had us playing was turgid at times. It almost had no purpose to it unlike now!
A great first season on the strenghs of Mancini's team. Nice guy or not Pellegrini was one of my least favourite managers. I've still not forgiven him for sitting in the semi final dugout at the Bernabeu all game, arms folded and clueless on how to change things round. I doudt Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon were too happy with him after that game.

I still maintain that Pellegrini is a bang average manager who inherited a motivated squad which won him the title.

Our performances against the big sides in his 2nd and 3rd seasons were nothing short of a disgrace. I can’t remember us beating a top 6 side in that period and every big game it just seemed like we were going to get beat.

He’s a nice guy who the league title but he isn’t an elite level manager.

In this order, with first place winning by a landslide:
Pep
Gentleman Joe
Mancini
Charming Man
Kev
Skip

and weirdly I also have a soft spot for Hughes - I thought he stood up to the GPC and always spoke well about us. The fact he was a rag kind of makes me feel dirty writing this ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.