Who’s your favourite City manager ever?

From afar...John Bond...he transformed my team.made us winners.i was a kid in the midlands supoorting a team that others laughed at.we were a joke club at the time,people forget that.John Bond just went out and brought 3 top players,who you just knew,were going be a success..As soon as Gerry Gow started prowling central midfield for City,we had backbone,passion,and could hold our heads high...as an out of town supporter,i will never ever forget what this man did for our team..
And since ive been watching City ,..properly..Roberto Mancini...Tore down the banner,stood up to fergie,won the cup,won the league,the 6-1 at the swamp,the 5-1 at the Lane,the 0-0 at Arsenal,a defensive master class.,the pairing of yaya and silva in central mid....and the start of possibly one of the most exciting sights in modern football history..The Yaya express...often from deep ,rarely blocked off,first seen at Sunderland awaylast (?)seen villa at home..; )

Mancini all day long for me. As people have said before:
The way he stood up to Fergie
They way he wore his scarf and the passion he had
Beating them 6-1
Winning our first FA cup
The way we dominated at home, for the first time it felt like we were unstoppable
And how that ultimately led to 93:20
Pep may be the greatest but Mancini will always be my favourite. Felt like, for many reasons, he was hard done to

This.
Mancini ‘got us’. When he told GPC to sit down and shut the fuck up was beautiful.

Pep is obviously playing football if which the like weve never seen and prob never will again but Roberto, i thought, had a more personal relationship with us the fans

This.
Mancini ‘got us’. When he told GPC to sit down and shut the fuck up was beautiful.

Pep is obviously playing football if which the like weve never seen and prob never will again but Roberto, i thought, had a more personal relationship with us the fans

Yep, Bob for me too.

Mancini, as witnessed by the numbers he’s garnering on this thread, will always be held in the highest (i.e., insurmountable) regard by thousands of us. My love for him is visceral. Pep could win 35 thousand trophies with us but never have my heart. Mancini was the absolute dog’s bollocks: looked the part, walked te part. Give me the choice of sharing wine and breaking bread - Mancini, all day long. And I’m paying.

“Best technically” and “best loved” are two different things. Pep is a manager I much admire but don’t particularly warm to.

Lived through the Sack Mac and Poison Poyser times. Joe arrived, think his first game was a friendly v Dundee at home. We lost. I thought, here we go again. But this man gave us belief again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.