Who’s your favourite City manager ever?

Every manager we’ve had since I started going 73/74 season has offered something. Something shit. Something average something good something excellent. That’s what makes us blues

Every manager we’ve had since I started going 73
Lived through the Sack Mac and Poison Poyser times. Joe arrived, think his first game was a friendly v Dundee at home. We lost. I thought, here we go again. But this man gave us belief again.

Absolutely loved Joe Mercer. Great football man, great man, highly respected by all in the game. The most successful City manager in my lifetime but likely be surpassed by Pep. Glad his widow Norah is still honoured by the Club.

Shows a lot of fans mentalities that Mancini has so many shouts. Mainly because he had a tiny spat with Fergie. Forever grateful and thankful to the man but my favourite won’t be someone who fell out with players every other week.

Can’t be anyone but Pep, as a person he is classy and as a manager he’s the best we’ve ever had. There’s some good shouts with Keegan etc but if this isn’t your favourite period in watching city in terms of football then Christ.

you cant vilify anyone that disagrees with you, and then say "each to their own".
The title of thread is "favourite", not best.

Shows a lot of fans mentalities that Mancini has so many shouts. Mainly because he had a tiny spat with Fergie. Forever grateful and thankful to the man but my favourite won’t be someone who fell out with players every other week.

Can’t be anyone but Pep, as a person he is classy and as a manager he’s the best we’ve ever had. There’s some good shouts with Keegan etc but if this isn’t your favourite period in watching city in terms of football then Christ.
Fell out with them so badly they won the FA cup, won 18/19 home games followings season and the league. Yep, clearly they weren’t playing for him. Fuck all to do with Fergie, everything to do with him being an absolute winner who demanded the very best. And got it.

Fell out with them so badly they won the FA cup, won 18/19 home games followings season and the league. Yep, clearly they weren’t playing for him. Fuck all to do with Fergie, everything to do with him being an absolute winner who demanded the very best. And got it.

Never said they didn’t play for him. He was strict and a lot of the time they done what they was told. Everyone forgets that dressing room wasn’t as one though, regardless of what was won. Constant players falling out with players, him falling out with players etc. I’ll be told I’m wrong but following him the club went the holistic route didn’t it. For a reason. If it had fuck all to do with fergie then no one needs to mention it, eternally grateful for what he won with us. Don’t underestimate that but to put him above Pep is weird to me. As mentioned before though each to their own

To a backdrop of barmy, drunken, pandemonium, Joe Royle looks overwhelmed and utterly drained, as the delirious hordes celebrate promotion to the Premier League.
(Ewood Park 2000)

At that precise moment Royle was my all-time favourite City Manager. He'd cured the incurable, reversed the curse, given the fans a swagger, and for the first time in living memory, City were winning games against the run of play.

It was a glorious summer, and then we got arseholed 4-0 at Charlton................

The only 2 in my period watching City that I've had antipathy towards are Coppell and Hughes... apart from the obvious common factor Coppell was just weak, but at least had the good grace to feck off at as soon as possible. I despise Hughes and did when he was in office.

Pretty much everyone else at the very least brought, guts and effort mixed in with humour and slapstick.

Mancini is someone whom I hold in very high regard, he was the one who really took it to Ferguson and he achieve the major milestones of breaking the drought and getting rid of the banners at OT.

Pellers is a very decent guy and he did a respectable job as a caretaker, we had some decent moments under his regime too, and only now with hindsight I think we can forgive the slump towards the end of his era. I was one of the Blues who stayed around to give him a sendoff, it was pretty shameful how many had pissed off while he went round the pitch.

Pep... genius, we will never see the likes of him again. Let the good times roll!

The only 2 in my period watching City that I've had antipathy towards are Coppell and Hughes... apart from the obvious common factor Coppell was just weak, but at least had the good grace to feck off at as soon as possible. I despise Hughes and did when he was in office.

Pretty much everyone else at the very least brought, guts and effort mixed in with humour and slapstick.

Mancini is someone whom I hold in very high regard, he was the one who really took it to Ferguson and he achieve the major milestones of breaking the drought and getting rid of the banners at OT.

Pellers is a very decent guy and he did a respectable job as a caretaker, we had some decent moments under his regime too, and only now with hindsight I think we can forgive the slump towards the end of his era. I was one of the Blues who stayed around to give him a sendoff, it was pretty shameful how many had pissed off while he went round the pitch.

Pep... genius, we will never see the likes of him again. Let the good times roll!

it was pretty shameful how many had pissed off while he went round the pitch.
QUOTE]
Some must think he’s still in charge:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.