Who are the good pundits?

My favourites will always be the ones that actually illuminate the match and show you things you hadn't thought of: Neville, Souness, Nevin.

I can't stand listening to Carragher or McManamanamanaman, not only because of "the noise" but because they don't say anything you don't already know. Roy Keane just gives me the twitchy shoulder like it's getting ready to punch the wanker in the face. And he's another one who gives no more tactical insight than the bloke stood next to you on the terrace. And as much as I love the guy, I'd place Micah in that category too - you're just saying what everyone is thinking.

So yeah, pundits that actually make you think v pundits that just sound like they've been stood next to you at the match.

why oh why is the hateful Danny Mills writing in the City match day programme? if He wants to be hateful that’s fine - he’s entitled to his opinion but he shouldn’t be allowed to about turn and write positive articles in our programme - the WhatsApp Group will be writing in next!

The insidious creep of anonymous ill informed female pundits has led me to revise my opinion of male pundits I previously found to be irritating.

The likes of Carragher and Redknapp on Sky or Wright and Dublin on the bbc might have their shortcomings as pundits but they are familiar faces who I enjoyed watching play the game and have developed into characters who can hold a conversation.

I don’t think the broadcasters understand what the fans want from punditry. We don’t need analysis or technical insight, the vast majority of fans understand the nuances of the game perfectly well. What we want are familiar faces who we know have played at a high level in games we remember watching, discussing what’s happened.

Foisting upon us women we’ve never heard of to trot out cliche after cliche without adding anything to the conversation ticks a box but alienates many viewers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.