Who are the good pundits?

Had a female commentator for yesterdays match who was pretty good and a sharp contrast to her sidekick, Stephen Warnock, who couldn't keep his fucking trap shut.

A special mention for Warnock for the stupidest comment of the season so far. Haaland headed away a Bournemouth corner
“That’s exactly what he’s in the team for”
Yes, Stephen, we bought the most sought after young striker in the world just so that we could put him on the near post for Bournemouth’s only corner.

The insidious creep of anonymous ill informed female pundits has led me to revise my opinion of male pundits I previously found to be irritating.

The likes of Carragher and Redknapp on Sky or Wright and Dublin on the bbc might have their shortcomings as pundits but they are familiar faces who I enjoyed watching play the game and have developed into characters who can hold a conversation.

I don’t think the broadcasters understand what the fans want from punditry. We don’t need analysis or technical insight, the vast majority of fans understand the nuances of the game perfectly well. What we want are familiar faces who we know have played at a high level in games we remember watching, discussing what’s happened.

Foisting upon us women we’ve never heard of to trot out cliche after cliche without adding anything to the conversation ticks a box but alienates many viewers
This is a terrible take. Your criteria leads to the status quo of ex Liverpool and United players sarcastically calling our games. I'd prefer a totally anonymous knowledgeable person who's actually trained in broadcasting, male or female.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.