Who can replace Leroy Sane?

More of I could only see Mane wanting go to to one of the Spanish duo. Barca could definitely use him, but their board is stupid and is only looking at Lautaro. I'm just struggling to see why Mane would want to go to the French League when he could and has accomplished more at Pool. That's like Sterling wanting to go to PSG after we won the title last year.
Accomplish more at Liverpool? Liverpool’s season has been a case of everything going right for them whilst anything that could go wrong for us has gone wrong for us. We have more class and quality than them, a better manager, a better set up and more potential going forward. At PSG he will win multiple trophies and be playing for a French speaking side. If I was him I would leave those coach wreckers quicker than a lost dipper in Moss Side.

I agree. If he was Spanish and he a more fashionable name people would want us to buy him

we seem so reliant on ready made 60m signings. We don’t seem to go after players with potential and then turn them into world class players. Ie Zabaleta or Robertson at Liverpool
He looks and moves like a mix between Sane and Spur's Dembele. But he doesn't strike me as speedy. We'd just be getting a player that looks stylistically like Sane.

Perhaps he is good enough in his own right. But I'd rather someone with scary speed.

Aubamayang
Cheap fast and a goal scorer
We need pace and to take our chances
Not a like for like swap but gives what we need
Think this could work well. Allows Sterling to play on his favoured RW, can replace Aguero when he’s injured, has Sane’s pace but is also genuine world class goalscorer. He’d be a great option for 2-3 years whilst we focus on getting a CB, LB and work out who our main striker is.

As long as no one else gets him first, as regards transfer fees, who knows? The Neymar fee was a freak, the money in football is evaporating due to the coronavirus. The question for me is would he come? Friends with Mendy, possibility of being improved by Pep. The stumbling blocks are leaving France and the result of our ban appeal.
I'm lead to believe we had courted him before he moved there and he didn't like the look of Manchester for one way or another (IIRC). He is THE player i'd most like right now due to age, ability and marketability but sadly like Messi will never happen IMO. Bound for Madrid when we lend them more money "for their stadium".

I'm lead to believe we had courted him before he moved there and he didn't like the look of Manchester for one way or another (IIRC). He is THE player i'd most like right now due to age, ability and marketability but sadly like Messi will never happen IMO. Bound for Madrid when we lend them more money "for their stadium".
I not sure I understand that last sentence. I believe you maybe right about the conversations we had with his team but he was just a teenager then and probably not ready for a foreign league. I also think you are right about affordability, but as I mentioned before I suspect transfer fees have come down and who has more money than us? Add to that that the EPL attracts more French and African players (as opposed to the Southern European and Latin American being more drawn to La Liga).

Look I could be way off the mark here but this kid ticks so many boxes for me, makes us the best team in the world, an improvement on Sane and a big poke in the eye to UEFA and the old cartel. If our club could pull it off (and I believe they could) why wouldn’t they try?

I not sure I understand that last sentence. I believe you maybe right about the conversations we had with his team but he was just a teenager then and probably not ready for a foreign league. I also think you are right about affordability, but as I mentioned before I suspect transfer fees have come down and who has more money than us? Add to that that the EPL attracts more French and African players (as opposed to the Southern European and Latin American being more drawn to La Liga).

Look I could be way off the mark here but this kid ticks so many boxes for me, makes us the best team in the world, an improvement on Sane and a big poke in the eye to UEFA and the old cartel. If our club could pull it off (and I believe they could) why wouldn’t they try?
The last sentence alludes to us paying money to Real for stadium improvements. Unsure if true to be honest but was strongly suggested we had done this. I agree we do have more money than most but the important point is we need to ensure it is generated by City itself not just a sugar daddy throwing it to us hence FFP. If FFP wasn’t a factor I can imagine us having a team with Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappé and Van Dijk in with Neymar on the bench for the craic.

Just what I hear and feel Mbappé loves Madrid.

No I don’t think you are off the mark at all if there was any chance of us signing him then I’m sure we would. I just believe there are maybe 2/3 other options Mbappé would consider over us and also the wages and fee would be too much for the Sheikh to sieve through dummy sponsorships

Do you all think we’ll get two attacking replacements this summer, one for Silva and one for Sané?

Two plus two CBs seems like a big outlay. IDK. Wouldn’t want Foden’s path to get blocked either.

Do you all think we’ll get two attacking replacements this summer, one for Silva and one for Sané?

Two plus two CBs seems like a big outlay. IDK. Wouldn’t want Foden’s path to get blocked either.
I thought Pep said he wouldn’t buy a replacement for Silva? I reckon a replacement for Sane and Vinny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.