Who do you dislike more, United or Liverpool?

The fact that we’re even having this debate suggests that something has changed, particularly with our attitude towards Liverpool.

For me, the biggest difference is that whereas United pride themselves on being the hardest, nastiest, obnoxious bastards in Great Britain, their scouse counterparts embrace a perverse, almost sinister, relationship with authority and never seem to be accountable for their actions. Nobody gets arrested, and the media condemnation is non existent.

To be fair, this has irritated United since the late 70s, but for most City fans, it’s a fairly recent phenomenon, stemming from the coaches being bricked at the Hillsborough anniversary game.

However, if you’re old enough to remember the 73 FA Cup game at Anfield, and Joe Corrigan being bottled in 81, then you’ll know that it’s always been lurking in the shadows.

There's just been an article on our evening news, some fucking dipper in charge of the WA dippers supporters association is pushing for the club to play a game in Perth,as Chelsea just did last week. Cue clips of Salad scoring against the rags and the cultists on the Kop singing the cult song. Needless to say my skin started to crawl and vomit appeared in my throat at the thought of all the plastics creaming themselves. I'd have had a slightly less extreme reaction to the rags if they'd announced it

I pride myself on being able to detect the subtlest of nuances from tracts of impartial, unyielding information.

On that basis, may I share my insight from this thread? Namely that neither MUFC nor LFC are accorded universal, unalloyed reverence by the City faithful. I trust you will find this helpful.

It always has been and always will be the rags, it is just how i was brought up, i actually hate Utd more than i love City! Liverppol are just a strange fkn cult of a club and have no relevence whatsoever!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.