Who do you dislike more, United or Liverpool?

Anybody who was growing up in primary and secondary schools in Manchester and the Greater Manchester area in the nineties, and noughties (not me, at all, not my generation) and who was a blue, I can certainly understand that they must hate the rags with a vengeance. Monday mornings must have been like the Alamo. I’d be a bit curious to know which posters on here fall into that bracket. The arrogance of United supporters reached never-before-seen levels in those years. The rags that most irritate me, honestly, are people from, say, Australia or Ulan Bator or wherever, who have never so much as set foot in Manchester, let alone OT. But personally, quite a lot of my hatred for them was fuelled by that man. He’s now moved on, and the rags are slowly learning to eat a bit of humble pie. I didn’t hate them to the same degree during the Busby years, honestly. And then, in the seventies, they became a bit of a laugh, at times (Denis’s backheel…)
But here’s the thing. I’ve known rags who were c—ts, sure, but I’ve always known rags that I could sit down and talk football sensibly with. But Liverpool fans? They’re strange people. I can’t talk to them in any kind of sensible way, on any level. It’s just like talking to the Children of God, or Jehovah’s Witnesses. That, at any rate, has been my experience.

Anybody who was growing up in primary and secondary schools in Manchester and the Greater Manchester area in the nineties, and noughties (not me, at all, not my generation) and who was a blue, I can certainly understand that they must hate the rags with a vengeance. Monday mornings must have been like the Alamo. I’d be a bit curious to know which posters on here fall into that bracket. The arrogance of United supporters reached never-before-seen levels in those years. The rags that most irritate me, honestly, are people from, say, Australia or Ulan Bator or wherever, who have never so much as set foot in Manchester, let alone OT. But personally, quite a lot of my hatred for them was fuelled by that man. He’s now moved on, and the rags are slowly learning to eat a bit of humble pie. I didn’t hate them to the same degree during the Busby years, honestly. And then, in the seventies, they became a bit of a laugh, at times (Denis’s backheel…)
But here’s the thing. I’ve known rags who were c—ts, sure, but I’ve always known rags that I could sit down and talk football sensibly with. But Liverpool fans? They’re strange people. I can’t talk to them in any kind of sensible way, on any level. It’s just like talking to the Children of God, or Jehovah’s Witnesses. That, at any rate, has been my experience.
Growing up a blue in the 70's was fucking brilliant...smacking fuck out of reds all over the shop.......Gorton was a dangerous place for reds.

Bricking the 210 full of reds going along Hyde road or ambushing them at the 53 stop at the Lake Hotel....it's no wonder they fucking hate us

Hate them both but the dippers are the lowest of the low, always have been, always will be. A stain on English football and its laughable they are known as one of the great clubs.

I was in Failsworth when I last lived in Manchester and it was more reds than blues around me. We all got on fine. Some of the chaps had been friends for years.

Rivalries do change over the years. United have traditionally hated Liverpool more than us. Now Liverpool are our likely rivals to domestic and European success so it’s natural they’ve moved up.

Liverpool fought and thieved their way across Europe giving us all a reputation.

As a kid I had the piss taken by plastic rag kids who never went, never forget that banner or their sheer arrogance. Not too keen on Liverpool, especially recently and we need to overcome the voodo at Anfield, but not to the same extent as Manure. Wembley looking lovely and sunny by the way.

Can't tell one from the other.

But LFC have fought tooth and nail to be the most despicable set of classless racist wankers ever.

Still think they should merge in one 'istoree club, they share the colours and the dipshit fan base, and move to Warrington for the new trafford/kkklanfield ground.

Can't tell one from the other.

But LFC have fought tooth and nail to be the most despicable set of classless racist wankers ever.

Still think they should merge in one 'istoree club, they share the colours and the dipshit fan base, and move to Warrington for the new trafford/kkklanfield ground.

(shudders)

Growing up in the 90's and early 00's was tough - so I'll never forget the jibes from the rags.

However these days I really do hate Liverpool fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.