Who Needs shifting ?

BlueMoonz1977 said:
I tell you who needs shifting..how about the BlueAnorak for stating :-

Players whose injury records are appalling who we have to think long and hard about keeping:
- Richards
- Rodwell

Players who simply haven't played to last years standards, who, if they fail to buck up should also possibly join their colleges on their way out:
- YaYa
- Aguero
- Silva

Jog on fella.....

This. BlueAnonothing

Barry's time is up I think, we should only sell Dzeko if we bring in Cavani. Looked far better against Chlesea with Silva on the right and one up top. This summer I'd like to see Cavani and a deeplying playmaker come into the first 11. Anyone else who comes in will likely be a squad player or a prospect. Deeplying playmakers to play behind Yaya that I can think of include Benat, Moutinho and Cabaye.

So out: Kolo, Barry, Dzeko, Roque, Bridge. Maybe: Tevez, Nasri, Lescott.

And in: Cavani, Benat/Moutinho, back up CB, back up winger/attacking midfielder.

Whoever the back up CB is isn't that important as assuming Lescott stays we will have 4 competant CB's in Kompany, Nastasic, Lescott and Rekik, one more is necessary though I think. Could do worse than giving Kolo a one year deal if he drops his wages hugely. The winger/AM could be any of many promising players like Deulofeu.

In an ideal world:

_____________Hart

Zaba__Kompany__Nastasic__Clichy

_______Milner__Moutinho

____________Yaya

_Silva__________________Aguero

____________Cavani

BlueAnorak said:
I did say POSSIBLY. They say form is temporary and class is permanent. I disagree - your only as good as your last season. Anyone who thinks YaYa, Silva and Aguero have had a good season really needs to remove the sky-blue tinted specs.
Aguero - probablly as a result of the marital break up. So perhaps he should be given more slack.
Silva - possibly as a result of injury (two this season) not since Christmas though. He was doing well then after Stoke he had three poor games.
YaYa? Goodness knows. I know I'm sick to death of him trotting back to help out the defence when the opposition counter attack and opposition players sprint past him to get up in support of their attack.

They certainly need folks as good as they can be in the team to give them the jolt they need.

Thank you. but i disagree with yaya. hes the X factor. the rest is spot on

BlueMoonz1977 said:
I tell you who needs shifting..how about the BlueAnorak for stating :-

Players whose injury records are appalling who we have to think long and hard about keeping:
- Richards
- Rodwell

Players who simply haven't played to last years standards, who, if they fail to buck up should also possibly join their colleges on their way out:
- YaYa
- Aguero
- Silva

Jog on fella.....

Haha, this^

Bridge & RSC goes without saying. I think Kolo would be good to keep as back up if we could arrange a new reduced salary contract with him. But not sure if he'd be too keen on that.

Looks like Lescott will be off. I quite like him but not sure that Mancini does. And he has some big wages that would help reduce the pay roll.

Nasri, big wages, not fully committed. I'm not saying Tevez needs to be let go, but in my opinion, if there is any truth in the rumour of him and Nasri going to Monaco for £35, I'd be happy with that. Considering we will bring in another Marquee striker.

I wouldn't miss Maicon, I'm not sure why we bought Sinclair, and wouldn't miss him either. I'm not Garcia's biggest fan, and I don't agree that he has a place in the starting 11, but I do think he will be handy to keep as back up, and still has a part to play.

I wouldn't say Dzeko "needs shifting" but I think he will be happy for a move back to Germany, so we could lose him.

We will always need centre half cover so Joleon and Kolo have to stay. Centre halves always pick up suspensions and injuries, it's just how it is in their position. Joleon seems really happy in all the videos you see him in, seems to get on really well with Richards and at his stage in his career he doesn't need to leave a club like ours, he can be an important squad player until he retires.

For me:
Bridge
Santa Cruz
Kolarov (maybe? not the worst player we have, would be good in he FLC)
Barry (maybe next year? just not quite good enough at the highest level in the CL but could easily do his job against bottom half Prem teams)
Maicon
Nasri
Sinclair
Tévez
-------------
all these lads are now over 20 and won't be getting into our first team, lets make some money on them:
Nimely
Scapuzzi
McGivern
Ibrahim
Wabara
Hélan
Boyata

^ We could use Rekik and Richards (who hasn't let us down in recent seasons filling in) as backup CBs while adding one new CB signing. We apparently have a shortlist of high quality young CBs, one of whom will be signed. So we'd have Kompany, Nastasic, new signing, Richards, Rekik, with Garcia and even Rodwell capable if Kolo and Lescott go. Castles said Hummels is on said shortlist but realistically I think it'll probably be someone cheaper like N'Koulou if we're going to be splashing out on someone like Cavani. It's all about wage bill reduction or I think Lescott would stay (if he's happy) but it's going to be quite a ruthless clear out of high earning fringe players going by the many reports.

Caveman said:
We will always need centre half cover so Joleon and Kolo have to stay. Centre halves always pick up suspensions and injuries, it's just how it is in their position. Joleon seems really happy in all the videos you see him in, seems to get on really well with Richards and at his stage in his career he doesn't need to leave a club like ours, he can be an important squad player until he retires.

For me:
Bridge
Santa Cruz
Kolarov (maybe? not the worst player we have, would be good in he FLC)
Barry (maybe next year? just not quite good enough at the highest level in the CL but could easily do his job against bottom half Prem teams)
Maicon
Nasri
Sinclair
Tévez
-------------
all these lads are now over 20 and won't be getting into our first team, lets make some money on them:
Nimely
Scapuzzi
McGivern
Ibrahim
Wabara
Hélan
Boyata
Ellabdelloui and Bunn too

2yw8hhz.png

Crossed out all those leaving!

Bring in;
Young CB- Someone who has played a good standard of football and doesn't expect first team football. Someone like Zouma and Marquinhos and so on.

Midfielder- Technically gifted midfielder, someone in the ilk of Benat/Alonso. Capable of picking the ball up and passing it. Takes the strain off Silva always dropping deep and can start counterattacks.

Fullback- We need a LB who is similar to Clichy. Kolarov is the polar opposite and we are punished for it. Options could be Nagatomo or Digne. Both play squad roles now and are similar to Gael.

Forward/Winger- We have been lacking one of these for two years and we have tried to address the problem by going for Sanchez and Hazard. The former could be available this year and is still a fine player. Jovetic is heavily linked and would be my choice.

Striker- It's pretty much certain we will sign a striker. Money from Dzeko and Balo could get a number of strikers in Europe. Falcao, Cavani, Higuian, Benzema and so on could all be available if a big transfer merry go round starts.

Get those type of signings in and sell the ones I have crossed off and we will be a lot more balanced and the rotation will be more seamless then it is now. The players above are also more suited to 352 then what we have now so Mancini will be able to work on this a lot better.

Even if Mancini isn't here the touted managers eg Klopp, Pellegrini, Valverde will all be able to see the same deficiencies we all do so the same kind of signings will be made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.