Who scored the first City goal you saw 'live'?

23. September 2006 Georgios Samaras vs West Ham ! He even scored a brace can you believe that ;-) 10 home goals that season enough said ...

1_barry_conlon said:
If anyone is struggling to remember who scored the first goal they had seen then get onto 'mcfcstats.com' and if you can remember the year/game then it'll tell you all you need to know.

The founder is no longer with us but he left a cracking legacy for us City anoraks.

True, that site is fantastic in a very nerdy way!

The site founders son was intending to revamp it/continue with his dad's project but the last time the site was updated was November 2009 which I believe is when his dad passed away. Does anyone know if there's plans to get the site going again, seems a shame for it to be getting more and more out of date?

Clive Wilson, the only goal in a 1-0 win against Liverpool on 26 December, 1985.

My first game was Stockport County against City in a pre-season game at Edgeley Park - it was a Testimonial game for Stockport's Andy Thorpe and I think it finished in a 2-2 draw. Can't remember the City scorers though. Was in early 90's.

First City goal I remember was David White v Liverpool at Maine Road in October 1993 - watched it from the Kippax. Game finished in a 1-1 draw with Ian Rush I think it was scoring for Liverpool late on. This was right in the middle of the 'Forward with Franny' campaign and I think Brian Horton had only been in charge for a couple of months.

Thanks to the MCFC stats site (that's now in my favourites) My first CITY scorer was Johnny Crossan.

I was 10 at the time and at primary school, I remember at the start of the school year in Sept 65 we had a new boy start who had also moved in as a neighbour, his name was Jamie Sykes and he was the son of a new player that had just signed for Stockport from Plymouth Argyle called Norman Sykes.

When CITY played Plymouth on April 2nd 1966 myself and Jamie went as guests (along with his Dad) of the Plymouth team. (In those days County played on Friday nights).

Although my Dad was CITY mad he didn't take me to games at that time as he had ill health and was brassic!

So that day in April 66 my love affair with the mighty blues started.

I found out whilst surfing for info on the date of the game and the Sykes connection that sadly Norman passed away aged 73 in Dec 09.

Great thread this BTW!

1st game of the season 1990 vs spurs away.

lost 3-1, quinn scored for us.

will never forget that day!

lineker and gazza ran the show :(

I have just realised after reading the stats (see my previous post) that although Johnny Crossan was the scorer, Colin the King himself made his home debut that day!

Colin Bell's first appearance was at Derby on March 19th 1966 (and he scored) and his home debut was my my first match also, April 2nd 1966.

Pity I can't remember much about it!

Gotta be tevez's free kick against stoke last month.

Jensen's against leeds was a bit good too.

As said earlier in the thread, mine was Mike Doyle in 1973. But just checked my lad's and his was Anelka in 2004 vs Spurs in the FA Cup game (the one that was drawn 1-1 before we gave them the 4-3 spanking at WHL) and my daughter's was Anelka in 2004 vs Soton we lost 3-1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.