Who scored the first City goal you saw 'live'?

Uwe Rosler, Stoke vs Man City, August 1996. Lost the game 2-1.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:32 am --<br /><br />Uwe Rosler, Stoke vs Man City, August 1996. Lost the game 2-1.

The first one I can remember seeing was a Clive Allen pen at Maine Rd v Liverpool.

We got beat 4-1 I think, It was the late 80's Liverpool side. Grobelaar, McMahon, Beardsley, Molby, Rush etc.

We were shit :o)

EDIT: Just found a vid of it - no way!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQv-Co8k0Uk[/youtube]

Francis Lee. Last home game of season. Two penalties in a 2-3 home loss to relegated Crystal Palace. Would have been around 1972.

Wow....mcfcstats....great site. Also confirms to me I was wrong...Colin Bell scored the 1st live goal I ever saw, not Franny Lee !! 1-1 draw with Derby, Nov 1970. Felt sure there was a penalty that day so assumed Franny scored.

My excuse, I was only 7 :-))))

Mine was vs Blackburn at home in 1996. Shearer scored an awesome free kick to get his 100th prem goal for the visitors to take the lead. Then big Stevie Lomas equalised in the 84th min. Sat in the Kippax 1st tier (North Stand end) and the atmosphere was electric. I miss that place.

I would have been way too young to have appreciated it but it will have been a georgio kinkladze one. Remember my dad got me a season ticket when i was about 4 or 5 and i used to go to every match. I'd love to be able to afford that now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.