Who scored the first City goal you saw 'live'?

Tommy Booth in 1977 (I think). It was against Boro and it was a 2-2 draw. Tueart got the other with Gerry Armstrong scoring both for them. Great memory. A memory that won me the Etihad Golden Seats Compition for the Spur's game last season......Only thing I have ever won in my life.

Hands up everybody who saw us win 7 - 0 on their first visit. Didn't think so!!

December 7 1968 - City 7 V Burnley 0.

Goalscorers listed as - Bell (2), Young (2), Doyle, Lee, Coleman.

I cant remember who scored first, but from how it's listed in my Bible: "Manchester City A complete record 1887 -1987"; I am assuming it was the King.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:37 pm --<br /><br />Hands up everybody who saw us win 7 - 0 on their first visit. Didn't think so!!

December 7 1968 - City 7 V Burnley 0.

Goalscorers listed as - Bell (2), Young (2), Doyle, Lee, Coleman.

I cant remember who scored first, but from how it's listed in my Bible: "Manchester City A complete record 1887 -1987"; I am assuming it was the King.

1.618034 said:
The first game I remember going to was at Maine Road v Luton in Oct 1974. We won 1-0 and Buzzer scored the winner...

Was there too, Platt lane....my earlier post mentioned I thought that was Peter Barnes` debut for City, but it wasn`t. But....it was his Maine Rd debut for the 1st team. Knew that day that he was special.

Mike Doyle against Burnley in 1973. Colin Bell scored the second in a 2 nil win. Went with the school in the North Stand. All the kids ran on the pitch at the end, I ran straight into a copper who through me into the Main Stand.

It was Midweek League cup game v Notts County and Denis Tueart scored all 4 in a 4-1 win I think. Then went home to watch midweek sports week with Harry Carpenter, LATE 70'S?

Just found it it was 5-1 oct 29th 1980

<a class="postlink" href="http://wn.com/Trevor_Christie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://wn.com/Trevor_Christie</a>

I remeber my first match at main road about 7 or 8 years ago against Norwich in a mid week match, i'm sure Huckerby scored in that match and it ended something like 2-1 or 2-0. Can't remember the full details as i was only a young girl at the time and football didn't intrest me at the time. However now, it is definitley different and i am a season ticket holder who loves football and knows more about it than my brothers and dad!

LongsightM13 said:
Roger Palmer, late equaliser against the rags
Oops, just checked up and Kevin Reeves got the first one, but it was Roger's equaliser that sticks in the memory. Especially as we were in the rags end at the swamp.
I'd been to Maine Road a few times in previous seasons but don't remember any of the goals, just the general experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.