Who wants Liverpool to fail soooo badly....

Gosford Blue said:
Don't hate Liverpool at all. I've got the utmost respect for them has a club.

When I was a kid they were winning everything. But there was none of the arrogance that lack of respect for other teams that typies the rags manager and fans. The managers in that era all had charisma and respect for other teams. The likes of Shankly and Paisley oused class unlike that other scottish pisspot that manages the rags.

That's fair enough for the '70's & '80's. Back then they were a great club. When I was too young to go and watch Chelsea and Liverpool were on MOTD just about every week, I had no option but to watch them all the time and I must admit you had to admire them.

But now there is little to admire and all their so called fans ever do is go on about their fucking history. Guess they will still be going on about their history when they become the next Leeds, 'cos looking at them right now, that's where they're heading.

Thanx4Knives said:
Their blind faith in their manager is completely laughable, they seem to want to blame everything on their owners which to be fair are partly to blame, but Rafa is the one who bought Lucas, Riera, Babel, Signed Vornin on a free (WHY?), alienated Alonso to the point were he left, then there's Philip Degen, Dossena and he spunked £20 million on a replacement for Alonso who wouldnt be fit for 3 months and has a history long term injurys, not to mention the Whole Robbie Keane saga.

Yet he's still held held in high regard because he won the chumps league with a group of players 4 years ago which he then dismantled. Im struggling to even think about another set of supporters who constantly sing songs about their manager??

collymore listed the players the fat waiter had bought the other night i'd never heard or seen half of them play for liverpool it was amazing the cost and number

dadnlad said:
Thanx4Knives said:
Their blind faith in their manager is completely laughable, they seem to want to blame everything on their owners which to be fair are partly to blame, but Rafa is the one who bought Lucas, Riera, Babel, Signed Vornin on a free (WHY?), alienated Alonso to the point were he left, then there's Philip Degen, Dossena and he spunked £20 million on a replacement for Alonso who wouldnt be fit for 3 months and has a history long term injurys, not to mention the Whole Robbie Keane saga.

Yet he's still held held in high regard because he won the chumps league with a group of players 4 years ago which he then dismantled. Im struggling to even think about another set of supporters who constantly sing songs about their manager??

collymore listed the players the fat waiter had bought the other night i'd never heard or seen half of them play for liverpool it was amazing the cost and number
The players he bought has been hit and miss because he signed Torres it seems all is forgoten about the other players he signed. I have to say he makes it hard for himself time and time again. Take Babel and Koyt both strikers to a decent standard and none of them have had a good run in the team playing in there best position up front. I think he has the players at the club but his tatics are messed up with a attacking minded manager Liverpool could well be up there but with Rafa its a no go. It will be interesting to see if they did sack him who would take over.

Had no axe to grind with Liverpool up until recently, when we came into money.

They are still the best British team I have ever seen when they used to come and murder us at Maine Road during 80s. Except when Clive Wilson made a young boy's Christmas back in 85'.

Dalglish was my favourite player and Liverpool are a proper club and would have shit all over Manure's best teams of last 15 years.

But the fans are living up to the stereotypical image of scousers at present with their persecution complex.

Blaming everyone but themselves.

They hate Manure just as much as us - so they are okay in my book.

Everton? Never liked those scumbags, fans with the biggest chips on the their shoulders...

tolmie's hairdoo said:

They are still the best British team I have ever seen when they used to come and murder us at Maine Road during 80s. Except when Clive Wilson made a young boy's Christmas back in 85'.

Dalglish was my favourite player and Liverpool are a proper club and would have shit all over Manure's best teams of last 15 years.

But the fans are living up to the stereotypical image of scousers at present with their persecution complex.

Everton? Never liked those scumbags, fans with the biggest chips on the their shoulders...

How so?

Gwladiator said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

How so?

I would have thought the constant sniping at City from a number of Everton fans in recent months would have backed up my statement.

Everton fans believe they are the only ones with a fine history, devine right to investment.

First visited Goodison with my Dad as a kid back in 87, Littlewood Cup QF - we lost, naturally.

But have always found Everton fans more overly-aggressive than any other team, barring Millwall.

And, yes, you did have a great team in 85/86, which would have been good enough to have had a proper tilt at European Cup.

I don't like Everton, probably because they remind me most of ourselves at one stage or another. The siege mentality, living in the shadow of a neighbour, being skint, shit stadium.

It's the reason why Brits don't get on with the Germans and French. We don't admit, that we see a little bit of ourselves in others.

The seemingly majority of Evertonians seem to begrudge us our moment in the sun, despite the fact our history is just as long and prouds our yours.

They are a Marks and Spencer's being run like a corner shop, I have been saying to all my Liverpool mates for years that they were going to be in trouble if they didn't sort the 'of the pitch' stuff out. Football has changed it is about money now, 10-15 years ago the rags realised this and started to market themselves and increase their stadiums capacity, Arsenal have done the same and fortunately after a few bad years City have done the same. During this period Liverpool have stood still, they have had some good teams on the pitch and have won a few trophies, that is all well and good if the financial side of things is moving along too and clearly this has not been the case at Anfield.

I think they will get the investment they need but the Anfield 'click' ie Moores/Parry etc have ensured they will be ten years behind most of the other other top clubs off the pitch, this will impact who they can buy and will mean their team will suffer. For me it is only a matter of time before City overtake them as we a run far better than Liverpool football club.

Liverpool fans will throw the ' we've won 5 european cups' argument back in our faces but to be honest that argument is now beginning to remind me of when we used to say ' we are the only team in Manchester' to rag fans as we had nothing else to come back at them with. If they keep hiding behind history their future will suffer.

Doesn't bother me either way personally. I fully expect Benitez will have either jumped before pushed or been pushed anyway before the end of the season as he's not performing to 'Liverpool standards'. Their ambition should be to win the league and yet they are 8 points off the leaders who, like it or not, are experienced in keeping hold of leads in terms of points. It is questionable whether they'll be able to creep back into a top four place this season. It's early days but the signs aren't looking good.

To me I read it as this being the best opportunity to date for either ourselves, Tottenham or Aston Villa to smash the top four 'clique' and the way things are going it could simply become a top six rather than a top five if us and spurs maintain form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.