Who was the most clueless City manager ever? Apart from Ball

Re: Who was the most clueless City manager ever? Apart from

Ball was the first manager I remember well and he is pretty well the next thing to Satan in my eyes. Clark and Pearce stand out for me as the worst other than him.

Clark would have to edge Pearce in my mind. Pearce seemed to have ideas (albeit bad ones.) Clark, on the other hand, seemed to be utterly clueless in general.

George Poyser under whom "in January 1965 the club reached a low point with their lowest ever league attendance of 8,015 against Swindon Town"

Cannot believe some fkin lunatic mentioned Horton, wtf? He was labelled Brian who when he arrived so pissin' in the wind from the off.. superb attacking play, Beagrie, Walsh and Uwe et al, fkin quality and days out to Maine RD and beyond where days i long for now.. Possibly my all time favourite 2 years watching us when Brian was in charge....Although things went tits up rapidly when he left at least we had the messiah to look forward to... Gio Gio Gio.

buzzer1 said:
Cannot believe some fkin lunatic mentioned Horton, wtf? He was labelled Brian who when he arrived so pissin' in the wind from the off.. superb attacking play, Beagrie, Walsh and Uwe et al, fkin quality and days out to Maine RD and beyond where days i long for now.. Possibly my all time favourite 2 years watching us when Brian was in charge....Although things went tits up rapidly when he left at least we had the messiah to look forward to... Gio Gio Gio.
That 5-2 Spurs game; absolutely fantastic football. Horton was nowhere near the level of cluelessness of Messrs Ball, Clark, Coppell etc etc.

Apart from Ball, when Allison came back it was a disaster. He needed Mercer to reign him in. Spent loads on young untested players. Benson and Clarke were not great either!

Brian (who?) Horton was a very decent manager, who was a football man through and through, plus is a nice guy into the bargain...(Very rare these days of dog eat dog)

In fact I would go so far as to say he is my favourite City manager, along with Genial Joe Mercer and Pellers.

jimharri said:
buzzer1 said:
That 5-2 Spurs game; absolutely fantastic football. Horton was nowhere near the level of cluelessness of Messrs Ball, Clark, Coppell etc etc.

Yes jim, after having my tea and a think about it(didn't take much) Brian's reign was my all time favourite time watching us.... Blackburn away on that bank holiday was probably my favorite away game ever... total underdogs, everyman fought for the cause, fans amazing and it fukin slashed it down, pissed outta shape after it and my bro from California was waiting for me when i got back to St Helens after not seeing him for nearly 2 years,. cheers Brian lad, forever a blue.
Easily my favourite manager.

I know some on here have been having a go at Ron Saunders, but he couldn't have been that bad ,he won the league with Villa and with that team that he built they then won the European Cup. I remember the football not being that sparkling at the time but it was player power that got him the boot, just after the genius that Peter Swales had given him the dreaded vote of confidence.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Brian (who?) Horton was a very decent manager, who was a football man through and through, plus is a nice guy into the bargain...(Very rare these days of dog eat dog)

In fact I would go so far as to say he is my favourite City manager, along with Genial Joe Mercer and Pellers.

Agreed, but let's not forget Bobby Manc.

eastmanc said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:

Agreed, but let's not forget Bobby Manc.

I think the petty squabbles, vendettas with certain players and some shite decisions would see him not be top of the tree in some blues' minds mate... yes we know he brought a massively needed winning mentality to us but as i said... it isn't enough for some or most blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.