Who we really should buy in the summer..

The homegrown rule shouldn't really come into the calculation when talking about getting rid of players.

Richards is, as Mancio famously called him "Crystalli". Keeping him on the wages bill at £80K per week when he's perma-crocked just because he's English would be folly.

Same applies to Rodwell. Been with us 2 full seasons now and hasn't been able to string together any run of games and permanently and constantly injured.

In fact just been on fantasy.premierleague.com and he's played 500 minutes of league football for us (less than 6 games) in 2 seasons. The season before he played 925 minutes in his last season for Everton. He's not developing his potential on the physio's bench and sadly the same was true during his time at Everton and hence they sold him.

Barry is gone anyway, regardless of his nationality. Doesn't everyone know his contract ends this Summer and he's going to see it out on loan to Everton ? If we were going to keep him don't you think we'd have offered him the extension beforehand ?

Sinclair is somebody we can't get rid off so his nationality is irrelevant as he's not good enough to get on the bench even - why would we keep him because he's homegrown ? He's earning £35K per week which we could put towards a top player's salary and somebody who would make a contribution.

We'd be better off without any homegrown players if Rodwell, Richards and Sinclair is all we had. Save £170 K per week and just make do with a squad of 21 players or 20 or whatever the allowance of non-homegrown is.

We need another Ferny to cover for Ferny and five him a break every now and then and for when he's injured or suspended.

We need another right-back for the same cover for Zabs.

We need a prolific striker to give us 4 strikers of top quality - I'd keep Kun for obvious reasons, Edin and the Beast. But, Edin is going to be fourth choice with somebody new coming in who takes his chances better from both flanks.

We need another maestro to take the pressure off Dave.

Barry's contract is up and wasn't in Mannys plans so was sent out on loan cant see any reason we would offer him a new deal. I rate him but he doesn't suit our system under Manny. And as much as I rate Richards 17 appearances in two years?! He's got to go! We have basically had one RB for two years! We need a RB who is gonna be available to cover most games if needed. Rodwell is in a similar boat in my opinion.

Nailing my colours to the mast

1) Mangala
2) Fernando
3)) Sagna
4) Moreno.

That will be it.

Out

1) Barry
2) Lescott
3) Sinclair
4) Boyata

Rammyblues said:
Yes but only 20, groom him ready for when Kolorov or Clichy moves on.

-Jimmy-Savile--010.jpg

greasedupdeafguy said:
in - Falcao/Saurez
Fernando
Managala
Seamus Coleman

out- Barry
Lescott
Garcia
Dzeko
Negredo
Dzeko
Richards
Guidetti
Sinclair
Boyata
Negredo out?! Also mangala* and Suarez*. Seamus Coleman isn't a bad shout though but I think he'll cost a fair bit for a backup, whilst Suarez could cost 100m+

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Rammyblues said:
Nailing my colours to the mast

1) Mangala
2) Fernando
3)) Sagna
4) Moreno.

That will be it.

Out

1) Barry
2) Lescott
3) Sinclair
4) Boyata

Hate to be a cnut, but with that we'd be left with 3 left backs.

And 3 right backs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.