Who we really should buy in the summer..

I think we need an attacking mid as well personally. If Silva gets injured we loose a huge amount of creativity in the final third and Nasri has repeatedly blown hot and cold. Doesn't need to cost the earth, could even promote Lopez but its an area I genuinely think we lack in considering our style.

El Mago said:
Iturbe and Quintero.
Lazy and troublesome tbh, especially Iturbe. Quintero is a real talent but doesn't particularly do his bit for the team, but Iturbe really wouldn't fall under the "hollistic" tag. Couldn't get a game at Porto as his attitude was so bad, which is saying something when they have Quaresma playing week in week out! He has talent, but he's trouble

BigOscar said:
El Mago said:
Iturbe and Quintero.
Lazy and troublesome tbh, especially Iturbe. Quintero is a real talent but doesn't particularly do his bit for the team, but Iturbe really wouldn't fall under the "hollistic" tag. Couldn't get a game at Porto as his attitude was so bad, which is saying something when they have Quaresma playing week in week out! He has talent, but he's trouble

There is a reason, that many top European clubs are after Iturbe now.

El Mago said:
BigOscar said:
El Mago said:
Iturbe and Quintero.

There is a reason, that many top European clubs are after Iturbe now.
Aye, because he has undeniable talent. But he's still a trouble maker and trouble makers rarely live up to their potential. He's the sort of player who'll love being the big fish in a small pond and being the center of attention, but I wouldn't want him as part of a squad. If a club gets him to really knuckle down and gets the best out of him then he could be brilliant, but for me he has Quaresma written all over him

Should we not be in the 'race' for Everton's latest defensive prodigy?

John Stones - 19yr old,6'3 centre half/right back

Seems to tick our boxes....??

FantasyIreland said:
Should we not be in the 'race' for Everton's latest defensive prodigy?

John Stones - 19yr old,6'3 centre half/right back

Seems to tick our boxes....??

He will be England's best centre back in 2 years.

A real modern day centre back.

Not the quickest but reads the game extremely well and doesn't dive in unless he is on the front foot and knows he will win the ball. Looks very good but can we take a punt on him knowing he isn't the finished article??? We took that punt on Nastasic and he has struggled this season for one reason or another.

supercity88 said:
Not the quickest but reads the game extremely well and doesn't dive in unless he is on the front foot and knows he will win the ball. Looks very good but can we take a punt on him knowing he isn't the finished article??? We took that punt on Nastasic and he has struggled this season for one reason or another.

Stone is also very good on the ball. Comfortable in possession and plays a pass well, both short and long, with either foot.

I still think Nastasic will be good enough for us. He was brilliant last season for us as a 19 year old kid. Yes, he has struggled to adjust to the new system, but injuries haven't helped.

The whole team struggled with the new system a little at first (think Cardiff, Villa & Sunderland away), so it's a little harsh to single Nastasic out for not adapting. Since then, he's had a few injuries and hasn't really had a run of games.

Last season everyone was talking about Nastasic and Varane being the best 2 young centre backs in the world. He will come back stronger next season.

Back to Stones; I could see him playing for us one day. He fits the bill of what we now require our centre backs to be.

However, not this summer. Let the lad develop.

John stones n,y just joined them last year, why would they sell him and why would he want to leave. He's just been given his first run in the side. Everton are a great club going places.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.