Who we really should buy in the summer..

I think we could alleviate many problems by buying Mangala, Fernando, and a player like Hazard. We're still short that unpredictable spark who can turn a game on it's head at a moments notice, and it's no reason our football and thus our entire season follows predictable familiar patterns. That wouldn't require a huge outlay but would address a few major shortfalls.

If we're considering the departure of anyone in the squad who's either not good enough or doesn't have the stones for it, I highly doubt we can do that in one summer. You're talking about switching out as many as 8-10 players which will all but guarantee another 'transitional season' (Something I think we could have pushed further in the summer just gone but deliberately ceased for this very reason).

The difficulty imo could be the homegrown quota.

I'd like to get rid of Rodwell, Lescott, Richards, Boyata and Sinclair, but this would eat up 5 homegrowns ( I'm assuming Boyata is homegrown?).

How would we deal with this? Would finding homegrown players of the required standard be difficult?

Buying at least 3-4 or even 5 British players for the home grown quota will be the really hard thing.

With Lescott, Richards, Rodwell, Barry, Sinclair, and maybe Hart(?), Clichy(?) leaving, we need 3-5 English players or start with a 22-23 man squad instead of 25.

If we try to do it to buy only players for the bench, or like Rodwell who cant expect even be on bench when fit, we could keep Richards, Rodwell, sinclair etc.

Stoned Rose said:

I'd like to get rid of Rodwell, Lescott, Richards, Boyata and Sinclair, but this would eat up 5 homegrowns ( I'm assuming Boyata is homegrown?).

How would we deal with this? Would finding homegrown players of the required standard be difficult?

I'm guessing Nastasic, Guidetti, Huws, Rekik, Milner, Lopes, R.Wright and Hart (Admittedly not many English but there's no value in the market anymore) would make our 8 homegrown. They're the 8 I'd like to see in this squad anyway.

yatesy94 said:
Stoned Rose said:

I'm guessing Nastasic, Guidetti, Huws, Rekik, Milner, Lopes, R.Wright and Hart (Admittedly not many English but there's no value in the market anymore) would make our 8 homegrown. They're the 8 I'd like to see in this squad anyway.

nastasic, huws, milner, lopes, wright, hart, clichy, sagna... Rekik's not happening, nor should it. same w guidetti

*Edit don't think nastasic will count though. so one more needed....

Bpughh said:
yatesy94 said:
Stoned Rose said:

nastasic, huws, milner, lopes, wright, hart, clichy, sagna... Rekik's not happening, nor should it. same w guidetti

*Edit don't think nastasic will count though. so one more needed....
Nastasic and Sagna aren't homegrown, hues and lopes don't need to be registered and rekiks fucking ace, but may want another season on loan getting regular football.

Centre back ideas to pair up with Vincent.

Godin (Athletico)
Basa (Lille)
Caulker or Davies (I'm serious)

In:

Mangala,
Fernando (or equivalent CM)
Sagna for free,
R. Rodriguez at left back,
Reus or similar top class forward.

Reus would be a huge luxury, but it's always good to refresh your front line.

Why does nobody mention Pogba instead of Fernando? Seem similar IMO but Pogba's quicker, has a better shot and has great potential in growth and value. I'm sure Juventus would take £20-25m. They got him on a free! That IMO sorts out the midfield. If City don't but him now I don't think they'll ever get him. For defence:

Mangala (27m) CB
Shaw (15-20m) LB

Sales of Dzeko, Clichy, Lescott, Barry and perhaps Garcia now there'd be another midfielder would be beneficial.

So just 3 signings really. But with each you'd definitely say our squad has greater depth and quality - and potential too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.