Who we really should buy in the summer..

TSGHutchison said:
Why does nobody mention Pogba instead of Fernando? Seem similar IMO but Pogba's quicker, has a better shot and has great potential in growth and value. I'm sure Juventus would take £20-25m. They got him on a free! That IMO sorts out the midfield. If City don't but him now I don't think they'll ever get him. For defence:

Mangala (27m) CB
Shaw (15-20m) LB

Sales of Dzeko, Clichy, Lescott, Barry and perhaps Garcia now there'd be another midfielder would be beneficial.

So just 3 signings really. But with each you'd definitely say our squad has greater depth and quality - and potential too.
Juve have set a 60M fee on him

FantasyIreland said:
A huge job imo.

We need replacements for

Richards
Lescott
Kolarov
Garcia
Nastasic
Dzeko
Milner
Boyata
Rodwell

maybe more.....

Arguably the best left back in the league, a 20 goal a season striker and two of the best squad players you could wish for in that list. One of Europe's best young defenders when fit too.

You won't get better players who will accept their playing time either.

Plus it's a horrendous waste and distraction when we desperately need a CB, CM and possibly an LM.

Alright here is the low down on how I think City should go this summer. This goes away from the norm on this thread.
1. Koke
He should be City #1 target. He is the epitome of a midfield general. A player for all courses. For those who haven't seen much of him, let me humbly describe: he has the all out attitude of Zabaleta, the Hustle of Milner, the feistiness of Fernandihno, the calmness of Xavi, and vision approaching Silva's. Technically sound (he is Spanish, DNA-Ed to be technical) a true midfield general with grit. And best of all, he plays every position in midfield, from DM to AM to out wide left or right. He is good anywhere. I have not wanted a player more than I want this guy. He is about to blow up, and I hope City can make him do it here. If Barca's ban stands, then there will be no one in our way as Athletico Sheldon's sells to Real. Tix/Soriano please go get City's future. Oh he is 22!!

2. Lacine Brahimi
Yes, this is out of left field. But we need a player like this. Someone who can flat out dribble. We lack this kind of player. Many might not have noticed, but Milner is the best pure dribbler on the squad. Simply not good enough for a team this talented. We need our own Andros, or Sterling or Hazard. Someone who enjoys attacking defenders with the ball. If we are gonna need to put forward an inferior squad for the smaller cups, this is the kind of player you want disrupting the like of Wigan while our superstars rest. We probably will not get him, but we should be targeting someone like him. A pure dribbler.

3 Sagna
Yes here I agree with a growing majority, I am fine having Sagna backup Zab. Sure we could get better potential, like Coleman, the Aurier kid or the Moreno kid. They all look better on YouTube, and Coleman is flat out better than Sagna. Perhaps as good as Zab. But if we can fill a position for free, then we should. Sagna on a free will be more than good business. It will be fantastic business.

4 Juan Jesus
Yup. Many want Mangala, some Godin, a few still have hopes for Hummels, or Vertonghen. But for my money, I'd go get this kid, I think he is Kompany-lite with a left peg. Hard tackler, a bit raw, fast strong, skillful and aggressive. If the clam style of Nastacic is not your cup of tea, then you'd like this kid. Does commit silly fouls sometimes.

5. English Goalie.

Total spend 60 million

We get this four and our chances of winning the league skyrockets. We are not gonna fix every problem. No team does. We just have to manage our weaknesses better.
Left back stays the same. I know many want to see some improvement there, but if it is not Filipe Luis, don't bother. Promote from within the youth sqaud.

Outgoing and issues:
Lescott, Richards, Barry, Sinclair, Dzeko, Pantilimon

Why Dzeko? Coz we have to recoup some money for buying. None of the others will get us much of anything. Next issue, we are short on homegrown players. This why Rodwell will likely be staying.

Squad

Dax777 said:
Alright here is the low down on how I think City should go this summer. This goes away from the norm on this thread.
1. Koke
He should be City #1 target. He is the epitome of a midfield general. A player for all courses. For those who haven't seen much of him, let me humbly describe: he has the all out attitude of Zabaleta, the Hustle of Milner, the feistiness of Fernandihno, the calmness of Xavi, and vision approaching Silva's. Technically sound (he is Spanish, DNA-Ed to be technical) a true midfield general with grit. And best of all, he plays every position in midfield, from DM to AM to out wide left or right. He is good anywhere. I have not wanted a player more than I want this guy. He is about to blow up, and I hope City can make him do it here. If Barca's ban stands, then there will be no one in our way as Athletico Sheldon's sells to Real. Tix/Soriano please go get City's future. Oh he is 22!!

2. Lacine Brahimi
Yes, this is out of left field. But we need a player like this. Someone who can flat out dribble. We lack this kind of player. Many might not have noticed, but Milner is the best pure dribbler on the squad. Simply not good enough for a team this talented. We need our own Andros, or Sterling or Hazard. Someone who enjoys attacking defenders with the ball. If we are gonna need to put forward an inferior squad for the smaller cups, this is the kind of player you want disrupting the like of Wigan while our superstars rest. We probably will not get him, but we should be targeting someone like him. A pure dribbler.

3 Sagna
Yes here I agree with a growing majority, I am fine having Sagna backup Zab. Sure we could get better potential, like Coleman, the Aurier kid or the Moreno kid. They all look better on YouTube, and Coleman is flat out better than Sagna. Perhaps as good as Zab. But if we can fill a position for free, then we should. Sagna on a free will be more than good business. It will be fantastic business.

4 Juan Jesus
Yup. Many want Mangala, some Godin, a few still have hopes for Hummels, or Vertonghen. But for my money, I'd go get this kid, I think he is Kompany-lite with a left peg. Hard tackler, a bit raw, fast strong, skillful and aggressive. If the clam style of Nastacic is not your cup of tea, then you'd like this kid. Does commit silly fouls sometimes.

5. English Goalie.

Total spend 60 million

We get this four and our chances of winning the league skyrockets. We are not gonna fix every problem. No team does. We just have to manage our weaknesses better.
Left back stays the same. I know many want to see some improvement there, but if it is not Filipe Luis, don't bother. Promote from within the youth sqaud.

Outgoing and issues:

Why Dzeko? Coz we have to recoup some money for buying. None of the others will get us much of anything. Next issue, we are short on homegrown players. This why Rodwell will likely be staying.

Squad

Is it possible to be aggressive, feisty and calm at the same time?

Dax777 said:
1. Koke

2. Lacine Brahimi

3 Sagna

4 Juan Jesus

5. English Goalie.

Total spend 60 million

Outgoing and issues:

Squad

Given that Brahimi is predominantly right footed, I think Navas already covers that berth. Not saying he's the same player, just that our priorities might lie elsewhere.

Dax777 said:
1. Koke

2. Lacine Brahimi

3 Sagna

4 Juan Jesus

5. English Goalie.

Total spend 60 million

Outgoing and issues:

Squad

You'd be great on the messi thread.

It's an interesting thread and there are 1 or 2 loons well worth playing out with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.