Who we really should buy in the summer..

LoveCity said:
Fernando Reges will be one of our best signings in years if the double deal with Mangala is done soon, and quickly make people wonder what the fuss about De Jong ever was. Porto are lost without him as shown against Sevilla and he is a great defensive midfielder with the right level of mobility for our league. His positional and tactical sense should help close those big gaps between our defence and midfield that have been exploited by good teams.

Does he have the passing range?

Goalkeepers

1) Costel Pantilimon

Defenders

2) Martin Demichelis
3) Aleksandar Kolarov
4) Vincent Kompany
Matija Nastasic (Classed as under 21 as per CL and Prem regs)
5) Pablo Zabaleta

Midfielders

6) Fernandinho Luiz Roza
7) Javi Garcia
8) Samir Nasri
9) Jesus Navas
10) David Silva
11) Yaya Toure

Strikers
12) Sergio Aguero
13) Edin Dzeko
14) Stevan Jovetic
15) Alvaro Negredo

As you can see from the list above these are all the foreign players we have at the club. IMO because Nasty only turned 21 last month for the purposes of both prem league and CL he does not have to include in the A list, which means we have 15 players under this category. The maximum for either prem league or CL is 17 so we can add two foreign players to the above without any difficulty. After that, unless we are going to bring in british players we will have to replace like for like.

It seems to me the logical way of freeing up a space is promoting an academy keeper to replace Pants but should we really want to trust Hart for the whole season, maybe that will be a risk too far.

If these two players Fernando and Mangala are our priority defenders we can sign them and we are then on the limit. So who would go to say enable us if we were to sign Sagna IMO that would be Garcia in other words midfield player for midfield player but an upgrade.

If we needed that creative midfield player that some say we also need that could be done by reducing the striker department eg Dzeko leaving. That would enable as forth striker Guidetti to come back and at least prove one way or another he has it or not.

Overall I can't see us doing much more business than that. Sorry if this is a bit downbeat but we have to get use to how the squad system works. If I have gor the rules wrong I apologise in advance.

FantasyIreland said:
Rammyblues said:
Sagna, Fernando, and Mangala is who we will buy that's it IMO.

I don't think that alone would enable us to be fully competitive across the competitions.A left back and a creative midfielder are needed imo.

I think what Rammy has said will turn out to be true but I do agree we need another left back and attacking midfielder.

I would sell Clichy and bring in someone like Moreno to rotate with Kolarov, in regards to attacking midfielders I do think to get one in we would have to sell a strikerbut if we can find one who can play central and on either wing that is what I would look for, someone with pace as well.

I'm no cynic said:
If we lose out on FFP, we'll be signing no-one unless they are cheap or out of contract, like Sagna!

I think we will bring in Sagna on a free aswel as add Zucullini, we will also add Mangala and Fernando to are squad as replacements for Lescott, Rodwel, Richards and Garcia. That would give us 2 players in each position with the only 2 other possible changes Panti and maybe Nastasic as I have a feeling he isn't happy with Rekik maybe taking Nastasic's place and Valdes. The incomings would be upto £40mill, hopefully a lot less and hopefully as much as 25 mill in players sold.

Rammyblues said:
Goalkeepers

1) Costel Pantilimon

Defenders

2) Martin Demichelis
3) Aleksandar Kolarov
4) Vincent Kompany
Matija Nastasic (Classed as under 21 as per CL and Prem regs)
5) Pablo Zabaleta

Midfielders

6) Fernandinho Luiz Roza
7) Javi Garcia
8) Samir Nasri
9) Jesus Navas
10) David Silva
11) Yaya Toure

Strikers
12) Sergio Aguero
13) Edin Dzeko
14) Stevan Jovetic
15) Alvaro Negredo

As you can see from the list above these are all the foreign players we have at the club. IMO because Nasty only turned 21 last month for the purposes of both prem league and CL he does not have to include in the A list, which means we have 15 players under this category. The maximum for either prem league or CL is 17 so we can add two foreign players to the above without any difficulty. After that, unless we are going to bring in british players we will have to replace like for like.

It seems to me the logical way of freeing up a space is promoting an academy keeper to replace Pants but should we really want to trust Hart for the whole season, maybe that will be a risk too far.

If these two players Fernando and Mangala are our priority defenders we can sign them and we are then on the limit. So who would go to say enable us if we were to sign Sagna IMO that would be Garcia in other words midfield player for midfield player but an upgrade.

If we needed that creative midfield player that some say we also need that could be done by reducing the striker department eg Dzeko leaving. That would enable as forth striker Guidetti to come back and at least prove one way or another he has it or not.

Overall I can't see us doing much more business than that. Sorry if this is a bit downbeat but we have to get use to how the squad system works. If I have gor the rules wrong I apologise in advance.

The only argument I have with that is if Pantilimon was replaced by a home grown keeper then Garcia could stay. Otherwise apart from maybe upgrading Kolarov I'd agree with you. The Dzeko situation is quite interesting too, think he has only one year left on his contract.

Rammyblues said:
As you can see from the list above these are all the foreign players we have at the club. IMO because Nasty only turned 21 last month for the purposes of both prem league and CL he does not have to include in the A list, which means we have 15 players under this category. The maximum for either prem league or CL is 17 so we can add two foreign players to the above without any difficulty.
Pretty sure Nastasic will be classed as a foreign player next season, Rammy. He has turned 21 and haven't been with us long enough to be classed as home grown.

Not next season, the season after it should be. Using Guidetti as an example here, he turned 21 in April 2013 and was still considered U21 for the 2013/14 season (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/feb/updated-premier-league-squad-lists-2013-14.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news ... 13-14.html</a>). Nastasic turned 21 in March 2014 so should still be U21 for the 2014/15 season, and will have to be registered for the 2015/16 season.

So yeah, replacing Pantilimon with a homegrown goalkeeper (Cardiff's keeper? Do Scottish trained count?) would allow us to bring in Mangala, Fernando and Sagna. Any other foreign additions would need someone like Garcia or Kolarov to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.