Who were City's best three and worst three managers ever?

In my earlier post I stated John Bond as one of our worst managers due to the second half of the season in which we were first at around christmas and finished in mid table at the end of the season, John at first was a good but his second season was poor so that is why I said John Bond purely for being first at around xmas and then losing his way in to mid table

Soulboy said:
Since I've been supporting them..

Best 3 -

Joe Mercer
Tony Book
John Bond

Mancini is almost there...!

Worst 3 -

I presume we don't include "caretakers" otherwise, Frizzell, Benson and Neal would be certainties!

Stuart Pearce (harsh, but no one has ever come closer to me packing in City!)
Mark Hughes (harsh, but given his resources...)
Malcolm Allison (in his second phase...)

-- Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:23 pm --

MCFC 4 EVER said:
Best:
Joe Mercer
Tony Book
Robbie or Joe Royle

Worst:
Hughes
John Bond (Second half of THAT season)Alan Ball

Just out of interest... what half out of what season?
was wondering that myself

1. Mercer
2. Keegan (his style brought joy to my heart and Bernabia was sheer class.)
3. Tony Book

1. Joint first second and third Ball and Pearce.

Just a quick point, memory says John Hart was primed to be an excellent manager (he took over from Malcolm Allison) until a heart attack forced him to retire after only 6 months. Am I right or has my memory failed again ?

MCFC 4 EVER said:
In my earlier post I stated John Bond as one of our worst managers due to the second half of the season in which we were first at around christmas and finished in mid table at the end of the season, John at first was a good but his second season was poor so that is why I said John Bond purely for being first at around xmas and then losing his way in to mid table

But you stated "THAT" season, as if it was some how locked away in everyone's memory banks!

We were first at Xmas and fell away because Trevor Francis was out pretty much the whole of the second half of the season injured, and we were selling players to make up for the poor financial state we were in.

I'm just surprised you called it THAT season, when it wasn't that bad!

You sure you haven't mixed it up with somebody else?

Soulboy said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:

But you stated "THAT" season, as if it was some how locked away in everyone's memory banks!

We were first at Xmas and fell away because Trevor Francis was out pretty much the whole of the second half of the season injured, and we were selling players to make up for the poor financial state we were in.

I'm just surprised you called it THAT season, when it wasn't that bad!

You sure you haven't mixed it up with somebody else?
lets face it,we were punching well above our weight before we fell away THAT season

in my life time, im 34

best
1. mancini - turned us into winners
2. horton - anyone who sign uwe is up there
3. keegan - got us into premier league in style and established us there

worst (easier to pick than best)

1. alan "i won the world cup you know" ball - ****
2. pearce - that season was dire
3. clarke - got us fucking relegated, royle didnt stand a chance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.