Who will replace Foden as the next project?

I don’t like hyping young players up, but it’s difficult not too excited about the players we have coming through now.

we have a core of mainly local lads who all look like they could make it at at the top level. Foden is leading it, but players like Doyle, Palmer, delap and Thb all look so talented.

I just hope that they all get a proper chance and pep sees what we could have. Our own class of 2020 ;)

I watched the u18s vs. Liverpool and a few players stood out to me.

Borges, Hamilton and Lavia.

They all had something about them that suggested high potential.

Borges and Hamilton seemed to be in the same vein as Sancho, Braaf, Matondo, etc. Pacy, skilful and very dangerous in the opposition half.

As they've been at the club so long I'm hoping they'll stick around and show a bit more patience than their predecessors.

Lavia is an athletic and composed defensive mid. Intelligent with the ball and quick to snuff out opposition attacks.

It's nice that the core coming through are local, because while talent and hard work is the most important thing, when it comes to deciding where to go, they actually WANT to be at city.

We have got a few of them added to the first team squad this season, however, not sure many (if any) will get too many minutes to show their abilities, was good to see Delap and Palmer get some gametime recently, but then for some reason Mahrez, Sterling and Fernandinho were preferred to Delap in the central striker role against Leeds, that must have boosted the lads confidence to see that happen, I am not sure he would have been THAT bad in that game, and when Sergio and Gabriel come back, he will not even make the bench again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.