Who would have thought this in August....

black mamba said:
kiam06 said:
The players that have let us down this season are the players who were already at the club, the additions Hughes have made can not be slagged off. Thats why the guy should have more time.

Nobody's argueing with that , and yes a lot of the old players have struggled ..... but the reality is that results (and the league position) just haven't been good enough , not even as good as last seasons , and until we surpass those we can't say we've progressed ....... the names of the players make absolutely no difference!

Its not just about points and wins at the moment! Its about playing the game in the correct way, and by that we have gone out to win every game his season, and been brilliant at times but we have also come unstuck a fair bit as well BUT we have gone out with the right mentality, if we want to be a top four team we cannot go out like everton put ten men behind the ball and hope to scrape a goal from a set piece! This change of mentality will take time to instill and we will come unstuck against top teams while we are getting the players who are good enough, BUT and i say again we are better equipped now than this time last year and that is progress

kiam06 said:
black mamba said:
kiam06 said:
The players that have let us down this season are the players who were already at the club, the additions Hughes have made can not be slagged off. Thats why the guy should have more time.

Nobody's argueing with that , and yes a lot of the old players have struggled ..... but the reality is that results (and the league position) just haven't been good enough , not even as good as last seasons , and until we surpass those we can't say we've progressed ....... the names of the players make absolutely no difference!

The results and league position are about right for the deadwood we have at the club. You need to realise that, what did you expect this year top 4?

With all the so called top players he has bought in and by his own admission, his proven methods of getting results, i would have expected us to have beaten Brighton, Forest, finished higher than last year in the table and with more points, thus qualifying for europe. After all, he knows what it takes to win doesnt he?

blueinsa said:
Kiam

Hughes bought bellamy knowing his record of injuries, it aint fucking rocket science, so yes it was a shit signing. I wonder how many games we will get out of bellamy and RSC next year???
Bridge your having a laugh. Is this the same guy who we see getting skinned every weekend

Given, zab, de jong and kompany. All good players ( how many of them do you think could get in Barca's or real's or Trafford's side?) at the end of the day its a results business and he just hasnt delivered has he?

We were desperate for a boost, we needed a proven premiership striker who has tenacity and Bellamy was available. I admit we over paid but we will because of our money but It has proved to be a good signing due to the goals he scored, I'm gutted he hasn't stayed fit but the medical was passed and the club can only go of that. Hughes can't be blamed, thats unfair.

We are not Barcelona mate.

blueinsa said:
kiam06 said:
black mamba said:
kiam06 said:

The results and league position are about right for the deadwood we have at the club. You need to realise that, what did you expect this year top 4?

With all the so called top players he has bought in and by his own admission, his proven methods of getting results, i would have expected us to have beaten Brighton, Forest, finished higher than last year in the table and with more points, thus qualifying for europe. After all, he knows what it takes to win doesnt he?

We have done shite in the cups for years, so again thats unfair to blame it on Hughes. The blame lies with the deadwood.

Dubai Blue said:
The Cyber Goat said:
Dubai Blue said:
The Cyber Goat said:
I agree totally with your main points though this season has been a million times better than last
Apart from in the irrefutable sense that it has actually been worse.

Why has it been worse? Do you travel from dubai to every game?
Won less games (at best, same amount of games), lost more games, got at least 4 points less, rolled over and got shafted by the rags TWICE, put in an horrifically pathetic performance in one of the biggest games of my life time (Hamburg away), got knocked out of both domestic cups at the first attempt to woeful opposition, and will finish in a lower position.

As for the second part of your question, I don't see what relevance that has. But you're not the first person that's run out of reasonable arguments to have brought my location up today and you probably won't be the last.

The point im making mister patronisation is that you cannot know the book by reading the synopsis! You keep quoting stats as an argument football isn't mathematics it is art, the football this season has been superb at time shite at others last season was 90% shite (Man u was ok!) But if you never go you wouldn't appreciate that

kiam06 said:
black mamba said:
kiam06 said:

It comes down to this kiam ........ the more cash you spend the more is expected of your team , no doubt about that ........ it doesn't matter what we as individuals expect , the whole football world expects us to have improved , and some would have expected us to have improved drastically even now ....... but we simply haven't .......... now of course the manager gets it in the neck , but he can only rely on his players ........ aside from some of Hughes's own dodgy decisions , the consistency required from these players to take this club forward is still nowhere near what is required ....... if it was we wouldn't be hovering around mid-table!

I'm still backing Hughes , and i really do hope that there's a huge improvement here next season ...... because if we haven't moved forward by the end of it , he'll be moving towards the nearest jobcentre ...... and that's a fact!

kiam06 said:
Lets look back to August, we were getting beat at Villa and there was so much unrest at the club as we thought Thaksin may go and the club would struggle to get a new owner.

Now we have become the richest club in the world, we have one of the best goalkeepers in the world, we have one of the best players in the world in his prime in Robinho and a host of top quality internationals such as De Jong, Kompany, Zabaleta, SWP, Bellamy etc....

Still people come on this forum and say the club has made no progress, you are having a laugh. The club and the squad has come on leaps and bounds we can all see where we need to strengthen so lets get behind our manager and we will see the club get to where we want it to be, if we turn on our manager now I think it would be a disaster.

Agree 110% the problwm is some people just can't let the rag thing with Hughes go. However much they pretend otherwise I'm convinced that's where the majority of the Hughes out brigades views get clouded.

Why can't they just concentrate on supporting the club ?

Yesterday, barring the first half where the olicing and stewards were a disgrace, I really enjoyed the atmposphere we generated and the players responded. Why can't some fans let the negativity go and just enjoy supporting the team ?

kiam06 said:
blueinsa said:
Kiam

Hughes bought bellamy knowing his record of injuries, it aint fucking rocket science, so yes it was a shit signing. I wonder how many games we will get out of bellamy and RSC next year???
Bridge your having a laugh. Is this the same guy who we see getting skinned every weekend

Given, zab, de jong and kompany. All good players ( how many of them do you think could get in Barca's or real's or Trafford's side?) at the end of the day its a results business and he just hasnt delivered has he?

We were desperate for a boost, we needed a proven premiership striker who has tenacity and Bellamy was available. I admit we over paid but we will because of our money but It has proved to be a good signing due to the goals he scored, I'm gutted he hasn't stayed fit but the medical was passed and the club can only go of that. Hughes can't be blamed, thats unfair.

We are not Barcelona mate.

Right listen pal im off to bed my fucking head is banging going over and over with all this!

I respect your opinion but as is obvious completely disagree with it.

Do yourself a favour though mate. Leave out the insults especially one's that question any of us being blue! You will lose any respect you might have i can promise you that. Debate by all means but keep it sensible!

Goodnight i will no doubt return to battle with you soon!

The Cyber Goat said:
The point im making mister patronisation is that you cannot know the book by reading the synopsis! You keep quoting stats as an argument football isn't mathematics it is art, the football this season has been superb at time shite at others last season was 90% shite (Man u was ok!) But if you never go you wouldn't appreciate that
Yeah, you're right, I never go, never have done, didn't bother with any UEFA away games, and we don't have TVs out in the desert.

Do one you fucking tit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.