Who would have thought this in August....

kiam06 said:
Dubai Blue said:
The Cyber Goat said:
I agree totally with your main points though this season has been a million times better than last
Apart from in the irrefutable sense that it has actually been worse.

If you think it has been worse this season you're having a laugh. Your on a wind up.

How do you gauge a team's performance? League position? Points gained? How pretty the football has been? Because on two of the above criteria (the ones you can measure), we have actually gone backwards compared to last season, after having invested over 100 million quid on players. The third is arguable. You could point to games against Arsenal at home, Hamburg at home, Portsmouth at home, Schalke away. Fair enough. I could point to Forest at home, Brighton away, Bolton away, Stoke away, Middlesborough away, Portsmouth away, Fulham at home, two pathetic, spineless derby performances, I could go on, but you get the point?

black mamba said:
kiam06 said:
black mamba said:
kiam06 said:
The players that have let us down this season are the players who were already at the club, the additions Hughes have made can not be slagged off. Thats why the guy should have more time.

Nobody's argueing with that , and yes a lot of the old players have struggled ..... but the reality is that results (and the league position) just haven't been good enough , not even as good as last seasons , and until we surpass those we can't say we've progressed ....... the names of the players make absolutely no difference!

The results and league position are about right for the deadwood we have at the club. You need to realise that, what did you expect this year top 4?

It comes down to this kiam ........ the more cash you spend the more is expected of your team , no doubt about that ........ it doesn't matter what we as individuals expect , the whole football world expects us to have improved , and some would have expected us to have improved drastically even now ....... but we simply haven't .......... now of course the manager gets it in the neck , but he can only rely on his players ........ aside from some of Hughes's own dodgy decisions , the consistency required from these players to take this club forward is still nowhere near what is required ....... if it was we wouldn't be hovering around mid-table!

I do hope there's a huge improvement under Hughes next season ...... because if we haven't moved forward by the end of it , he'll be moving towards the nearest jobcentre ...... and that's a fact!

If by Xmas we are struggling I will drive him to the jobcentre myself. But he needs a summer under his belt.

Dubai Blue said:
The Cyber Goat said:
The point im making mister patronisation is that you cannot know the book by reading the synopsis! You keep quoting stats as an argument football isn't mathematics it is art, the football this season has been superb at time shite at others last season was 90% shite (Man u was ok!) But if you never go you wouldn't appreciate that
Yeah, you're right, I never go, never have done, didn't bother with any UEFA away games, and we don't have TVs out in the desert.

Do one you fucking tit.

This^

Dubai Blue said:
The Cyber Goat said:
The point im making mister patronisation is that you cannot know the book by reading the synopsis! You keep quoting stats as an argument football isn't mathematics it is art, the football this season has been superb at time shite at others last season was 90% shite (Man u was ok!) But if you never go you wouldn't appreciate that
Yeah, you're right, I never go, never have done, didn't bother with any UEFA away games, and we don't have TVs out in the desert.

Do one you fucking tit.

Thats a man who has lost the arguement :-) I only asked a question you spat your dummy! Deny my points, you can't can you?

hgblue said:
kiam06 said:
Dubai Blue said:
The Cyber Goat said:
I agree totally with your main points though this season has been a million times better than last

If you think it has been worse this season you're having a laugh. Your on a wind up.

How do you gauge a team's performance? League position? Points gained? How pretty the football has been? Because on two of the above criteria (the ones you can measure), we have actually gone backwards compared to last season, after having invested over 100 million quid on players. The third is arguable. You could point to games against Arsenal at home, Hamburg at home, Portsmouth at home, Schalke away. Fair enough. I could point to Forest at home, Brighton away, Bolton away, Stoke away, Middlesborough away, Portsmouth away, Fulham at home, two pathetic, spineless derby performances, I could go on, but you get the point?

No. Stop the £100m nonsense. £50m went on Jo and Robbie, nothing to do with Hughes.

The Cyber Goat said:
Dubai Blue said:
The Cyber Goat said:

Do one you fucking tit.

Thats a man who has lost the arguement :-) I only asked a question you spat your dummy! Deny my points, you can't can you?

The Hughes out crew always spit their dummy out eventually.

hgblue said:
kiam06 said:
Dubai Blue said:
The Cyber Goat said:

You are aguing the little points game by game mate, over the season we have been much better to watch than last, nobody could have enjoyed the football last year it was pants!

The only reason we qualified for europe last season was by being the 33rd nicest team in europe who were not good enough to qualify by playing football and had a manager who smiled alot.......better or worse who gives a shite, the only thing that matters is next season with or without Hughes, a decision that lies with the owners and not us.

The Cyber Goat said:
Dubai Blue said:
The Cyber Goat said:

Do one you fucking tit.

I still have a season ticket, I still travel thousands of miles to watch one-off games, and I still watch City every single time they play. But if you get to go to bed with a hard-on by thinking you've won an argument on the internet, then so be it. Well done.

Some of our attack play has been superb, we just need to move some of the deadwood on from the defence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.