who would take 4th

Some people have short memories. 4th would be a massive achievement for what in essence is still a new team growing together.

No question about it, we have a big scrap on our hands with Spurs and a resurgent Liverpool to get 4th place. So of course i'd take 4th. It's far from guaranteed that we'll qualify for the Champions League this season.

Yes I'd take 4th quite happily although I think we should be targetting 3rd spot or higher.

Spending money is one thing but moulding a winning team out of them is quite another. I think this season may be far more testing than some imagine. I hope I'm wrong of course and we go unbeaten through the season and win the league by a country mile.......yeah right ;-)

We were just as poor last pre-season, the same things were said about "no cohesion, shit defence, can't keep the ball". We won our first four games and went on to come an excellent fifth, considering I thought we were about the 7th best team in the Prem last season!

And we've got a better squad this season, and a manager that averaged 1.8 points per game in his 6months with us last season as apposed to Hughes who averaged 1.4. You work that out on total games and there's a big difference!

As for worried about where we finish, I'm still not really bothered as we are way off bein the finished article and need a good 5 years of establishing ourselves and playing together with a solid foundation of players like they have at Chelsea and the Rags - their core have played together for 5+ (even 10 years in Uniteds case) years!
Our longest serving players are Nedum Onuoha, Stephen Ireland and Micah Richards. They won't even be regular starters in our team, may e not even in lower rounds of the cup comps! So most of our squad are new players, how can anyone expect a squad full of new players (2 years or less for all!) to come good and set the world alight? If you do you're unrealistic!

Just a higher points total than last season and I'll be happy. Even if that's 5th place again, oh well then so be it! I don't support City to demand we finish in a certain place in the league, I'll still have my seasoncard and support them just as happily and passionately if we finish 15th or get relegated!

Idiots! What's the matter with you idiots? It's preseason friendlies;on tour and every game away from home; post world cup with an incomplete squad several of whom have only gathered together this week; without our star player/s; 2 weeks fitness training still to come.
Try supporting City and saying something positive.
We're gonna win the league!

I would take 4th, but this shows our mentality as fans; our desperation for Champions league and our inability to believe because we have never had it so good! "in my lifetime"

I hope Mancini if he read this thread would say no!

I think we will get 4th but i wouldn't take it before the season...I am anxiously waiting the city rollercoaster to begin.....

i absolutely loved last season....it was all about us....rival fans hating us...the media hating us...4 derby games with the most heated atmosphere i can remember.....fergie putting out his strongest side....a nation divided...over the carling cup!!!! ycmiu....

ctid

If we improve year on year for the next 4 years I'll be happy with that :o)

If we don't finish in the top 3 i would have to question the whole management set up. This squad should be capable of winning the Premier League without a shadow of doubt.

I'm more concerned over the fact no one has a fucking clue what our line up/formation will be, with over a week to go to K.O.

The thing that worries me most is squad unrest, i just hope this doesn't happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.