Who would you like us to sign next?

Iskand said:
MurphyMCFC said:
We should buy a world class centre back who will play alongside Kompany and a new left back, sell either Kolarov or Clichy (there's not much between them atm). I'd love to see us buy Neven Subotić, still young and is highly underrated outside Germany also I've seen interviews with him and he speaks perfect English which is important in a defensive understanding. My suggestions for a new left back would be David Alba (never gonna happen), Luke Shaw (looks promising) or Atletico Madrid's Felipe Luis. Other than that my DREAM signing would be Luis Suarez just because I think him and Aguero would be unstoppable together.

I can agree, bar the last sentence. I don't think we need any more strikers and I would not invest a penny more in that area. Enough already. There are other issues to adress - you can't climb up to the top just by stacking up pile of strikers. Especially that two great strikers usually don't work together as good as it would seem on paper, for example Cavani - ibra experiment that is going on at PSG and is looking terrible at the moment.

I would get rid of: Dzeko, Garcia, Kolarov/Clichy (one of them must go), Rodwell.
Bring in: Centre Back, Left Back, Pure Defensive Midfielder and Left-Winger.

The centre back speaks for it self. The same with the left back position as Clichy seems just not good enough.
Pure Defensive Midfielder: Yaya should always play with a license to go forward and Fernandinho is our only option at the moment to provide a cover for the back four. Garcia is sloppy and Rodwell want to march forward, which makes Yaya hold back and make it pointless.
Left-Winger: an optional buy to enrich the squad, but not a real must.

However, knowing the club strategy we will start the next season with a new right-back, striker and attacking midfielder - nevermind mind that we don't need them anymore and we should invest in other fields.
Oh I totally agree, there is a lot of garbage at City players that will never make it and players that have no chemistry with each other or just don't fit our system. I really think we should sell Dzeko as soon as possible it's not that he isn't good he has proved he is with his national side and Wolfsburg and in glimpses with us but Edin is a striker that needs to be number 1 he needs what Aguero has right now and that is to no he is our number 1 striker and there's no point keeping him because he'll never be that with us along as we have Aguero, I've been very impressed with Negredo who shows a fighting attitude and understands that Aguero is number 1 and he will have to do a lot of fighting to change that but when I watch Dzeko it's as if he is just thinking to himself that he is better than everyone else which he clearly is not, sell him he is nothing but trouble. We do not need 4 strikers all of which are on huge wages we need 3, Aguero, Negredo and Jovetic will be fine along with a young striker (Guidetti)

My humble view:

seriously if it was me i would stop to buy players like G .. Mil.. this team need to improve year after year looking at PSG is an example City need also a superstar not just for hype but it will swit the developement of the place in terms of global outreach

Defence: sell Lescott, buy instead a top defender

Richards; sometimes his positioning is ... !

sell Kolarov or Clichy and get someone who can bench them. PSG bought Maxwell for 4 million he is doing bloody well

MD:

there is a real issue Yaya is very good but lazy ! maybe thats why Guardiola let him go don't think he is the man to play in front of the defence

Fernandinho ok at the moment

Garcia + Rodwell here there is an issue ! instead of those the club should have bought a world class one

the 4th one should be a young one

Att MD and Attack:

no need for 4 strikers 3 is enought but needed creativity ! Navas is a winger cannot be good against all teams need space

Nasri + Silva ok

Jovetic until he is back

Sell Milner replace him with a young british

buy a top attacking MD : ex Reus

so for me sell 3 or 4 replace them with the same number

at the same time if the defence is leaking more goals maybe because of the instructions to play high line (something avb couldn't get at chelsea)

If Arsenal do come in with a £10-12m bid for Richards I'd be tempted to sell and maybe try to bring back Trippier. Keep the same homegrown count but think £8m or so could be better allocated.

Otherwise maybe I'd be tempted to make Zab first choice left back. He's been fine there before, played some blinders against Walcott and I think Richards-Kompany-Nasty-Zab is arguably the best choice back 4 given Clichys dip.

No one get this lot knocked into shape. After all we do have the best squad in the Premiership. Why keep buying players?

I'd love to see a youth player or two make the step up. We need to start producing or else this could become unsustainable. Dipping into the transfer market is a quick fix, that doesn't always work.

Lets see what some of the younger lads can do. If an established player is playing shite, get him out, get a promising player in, give them responsibility.

Esteban de la Sexface said:
I'd love to see a youth player or two make the step up. We need to start producing or else this could become unsustainable. Dipping into the transfer market is a quick fix, that doesn't always work.

Lets see what some of the younger lads can do. If an established player is playing shite, get him out, get a promising player in, give them responsibility.

I agree lets see someone with plenty of passion and hunger for the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.