whoever scouted Boateng

I'm really disappointed by him as he was immense for Germany in the World Cup. But I haven't given up on him yet, every player deserves a lengthy spell to settle even in this high pressure modern environment. At the moment he is very lethargic and slow and offering none of this attacking play from the full-backs we were promised earlier this season. Kolarov is also underperforming but to a lesser extent and seems more useful going forward. Zabaleta has to be first choice RB for me even though he too can't attack very well - none of our RBs can, which I suppose explains the continuous links to Dani Alves.

Your my brother but you don't half over react sometimes - like I told you with mancini, give it time, he's a young lad who has all the attributes to be top class, psychologically he just isn't their yet.

zeven said:
He is a center back!
second, after Micahs 5 minutes in the sun. we didnt have much of a choice.

I will lose sleep tonight thinking how he would play at centre-back.

He was bought as our first choice right back, whatever Boateng's claims.

His many failings would be exposed even more in the centre of any defence.

I forgot to add, he's not the quickest, either?

And at 21, far from the finished article (mentioned by both Mancini and Boateng) whilst playing practically every game for a country currently much stronger internationally than most... I'd say there's only one person who should be embarressed and it's deffinately not Mancini and his team.

Good fullbacks are vital, RM went out and bought two to improve us but unfortunately neither have. Id go with Lescott, Zab or Richards before either of the newbies though both are still better than Bridge.

I really really really want to like both him and AK.

Didn't Boateng win best young defender of the year in Germany? Plus, he was class at the World Cup in a very good German team.

Still settling.. hopefully...

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Should be embarrassed.

I will try to keep this courteous.

A lack of awareness.

A lack of alertness.

A lack of urgency.

A lack of agressiveness.

For a self-confessed supposed centre-half, yet to see him head a ball.

He was bought as first-choice right back.

He has no first touch and even his facial expressions are non-plussed, too cool for school.

He is passive, continually gets underneath the ball and whatever his apologists may say at this present time about fitness and getting used to the English game, fails to show even the basic of fundamentals.

We have bought a dud. I don't need to see anymore. Everyone of my own observations leads me this conclusion and he would be a disaster at centre half.

It figures how he first got injured being hit by an air stewardesses drinks trolley...never saw it coming.

Apart from the above, he is a world class £10m defender.

Well you should know... apparently.

Comon , give us a clue, who scouted him.

I suspected you were an internet attention seeker and now that you have joined in the aftermatch kneejerk reactionary bollocks you have confirmed it for me.

Thanks.

He's a centre back playing at right back. If he's been signed to play centre back and is just filling in there then fair enough. If Bobby has signed him as a right back then there were better options.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.