Who'll Be Playing Alongside Yaya Next Season?

PUTTYBLUE said:
I would give Zaba a go. never stops running, good at getting stuck in and feisty with it.

Would give it everything as usual.
I wondered about this myself for the same reasons, to be fair though I think there is a valid argument that he has been the best right back in the preier league this year.

It wont happen but I think Kompany could be a revelation next to Yaya, all the attributes needed but again would weaken the defence too much.

Joehannes said:
Lewbiz said:
Joehannes said:
Everybody was raving about him last summer when QPR signed him but being honest, I've been massively underwhelmed by him. Good engine and all that but always seems to fuck up when in good positions.

That's what people thought about yaya at barca.
Did they?
A lot of people thought he wasn't good enough as he was on the bench for barca, he just wasn't played in the right place

Box to box DM with the technical skills needed - Paulinho

Stated that he too now is looking to move to Europe in the summer with Inter also being linked with him at the minute.

Fernandinho - quality player but at the age of 27 I think Txiki would want to bring in someone younger with a higher level of ability but lower wages

Gundogan - Another quality player but I cannot see Dortmund totally stripping the squad of all their players, Lewandowski/Reus/Goetze etc....I would be very surprised if they allowed us to get Reus & Gundogan.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Box to box DM with the technical skills needed - Paulinho

Stated that he too now is looking to move to Europe in the summer with Inter also being linked with him at the minute.

Fernandinho - quality player but at the age of 27 I think Txiki would want to bring in someone younger with a higher level of ability but lower wages

Gundogan - Another quality player but I cannot see Dortmund totally stripping the squad of all their players, Lewandowski/Reus/Goetze etc....I would be very surprised if they allowed us to get Reus & Gundogan.

Not too bothered about Fernandinho's age for his position, Makélélé was 30 when he joined Chelsea. Would prefer Paulinho though.

Been saying it for months, Gündoğan is exactly what we need. Never ending running with real quality on the ball.
Add him to Ya Ya, Barry, Rodwell, Milner and Nasri, our central midfield will be sorted..

If we did add a Ya Ya type player, a Fellaini or Kondogbia we would only need to replace the out going Dzeko with a talented forward. As Ya Yas would provide the option in did last season. For me I would go young with either a Isco or Jovetic..I doubt we'll sign a marquee striker, a Falcao or Cavani, I think we'll invest in midfield and forward areas..

I think Reus will be high on our priority list, and we've had all our scouts, Viera and Mancini all watch Isco on more than one occasion, I see him as the first name in.

With the new men in charge of incoming players, based on their past I would suggest we'll be looking at 4-5 additions with Dzeko, Toure and probably Kolarov and Lescott exiting...

My bet would be Kyriakos Papadopoulus as a defensive option. been saying it for months, Gündoğan is exactly what we need. Never ending running with real quality on the ball.
Add him to Ya Ya, Barry, Rodwell, Milner and Nasri, our central midfield will be sorted..

I see us adding Kyriakos Papadopoulus as a replacement for Lescott and Toure, maybe another depending on Richards fitness and related issues with that.

I would hope we will add Gündoğan, Isco, Reus and a young full back if Kolarov leaves..

I think if Mancini gets his way, we will add a couple of cheaper and more experienced options, players like Barzagli and Marchiso would be ideal for us and Mancini. We know Mancini likes to have a team leader of his choosing, one of his first signing was Viera, he brought in Pizarro.. I think he likes a player in the camp that he trusts, like Fergie has Giggs, Ferdinand etc..

We still have a fairly young side, we regularly have only Barry over 30 years old. And European experience is something that only Ya Ya has in abundance.

That's my wish list, I think everyone can agree that this summer is very important and should be exciting..

Marchisio and barzagali are not cheap choices both would be above £20m each and probably don't want to leave juve where they have both have cemented starting a role

The Greek kid from schalke will probably be coming in which is good and I won't be surprised if we get 1 of reus or gundogan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.