Why are Africans such poor footballers?

TripleTaz said:
Not true but seen as Africa is the richest continent in the world in resources but has been cleaned out by Europe and America, they don't have the chances that people in other continents do.

Zinedine Zidane - 100% African, say no more.

HE was born in France say no more.

TripleTaz said:
Not true but seen as Africa is the richest continent in the world in resources but has been cleaned out by Europe and America, they don't have the chances that people in other continents do.

Well he was born in Marseille.

His parents were Algerian immigrants.

I'm pretty sure they are poor as there league is not watched around the world by millions and that SKY TV doesn't give them billions. I dont think they get very big crowds and therefore the clubs don't have a lot of money to pay them. Lack of money = poor footballers. I think as the majority of the populace in Africa(a huge generalisation i know) are poor, they probably live above the bread line.
Where your spurious argument falls down is with foreign based African players. They are Rich, certainly by any standard set in their home countries. Toure, Adebayor, Drogba etc are all millionaires and that means they are rich and not poor.

nashark said:
Lucky Toma said:
I wouldnt say that sexism and racism are 'very different things' Nashark. Aside from the obvious difference that one involves skin colour and the other gender then they are both similar in many, many ways.
They both involve derogative, misinformed prejudice against a person who is different to the speaker in one particular (and unimportant) way.
They are both largely unwanted remnants from a less enlightened past.
And another similarity is this -
If I know someone is sexist, and another person is racist....they are both idiots who I have very little time for.
(That last bit was a dig at you btw. Was just picking you up on a point I disagreed with)

Yeah OK. In theory they are very similar. Have you ever left your house BTW?

If you've so little time for me then why have you make circa 5 posts on this thread?

Once again, I urge you to leave your computer for once and see how very similar Racism and Sexism are in the real world. Life is different in 3d.

And you're typing your many, many replies from a wind-swept beach surrounded by Playboy bunnies and worldly philosophers are you? What a fucking hypocritical moron!
I was one of the few people not verbally abusing you and I made it very clear that my 'little time for sexists and racists' was NOT a dig at you Nashark. It was an observation on how I found sexism and racism to be similar not 'very different' as you saw it.
I've also made it clear that I regarded your post as being ambiguously racist and not out-right racism, as has been claimed elsewhere. So I at least had a toe in your corner.
I'm house-bound not particularly knowledgable about the outside world eh? And you're basing this bizarre assumption on what exactly? That I've replied five times to your post???
Thats now twice you've made an uninformed generalisation upon something you know very very little about.
Because I dont know you whatsoever or anything about your life I'll - unlike you - base my retaliating insult on the only evidence I have to go on....your WUM scribblings on here.
........you're an attention-seeking sad twat who has a limited knowledge of football and a very dubious outlook on the world beyond your door-step.

smudgedj said:
TripleTaz said:

Yes but his parents are Algerian, therefore he is African, no European player has came close to his level.

Nashark -

Did you read my post earlier with the youtube clips.

Your saying, "yeah, but are they household names" or "why don't they play for the best teams", well JJ Okocha wasn't a real household name in England until he came to Bolton, and he never really played for a top team, the most high profile team was probably PSG.

Ronaldinho is a similar player to Okocha both played at PSG, and the next in that lineage is Sessegnon who is currently at PSG, and there was a video posted up for your convenience, but Parisians will tell you how those 3 players 2 of which are African are the most skillful they have seen.

We've seen when it comes to technical players with the likes of Robinho, Ronaldinho etc.. that technical skills are not enough to survive at the best teams.

Again, just because they don't play in the Premiership, a League that favours physical commanding type players, doesn't mean you can make a general statement, if you were more informed in your knowledge of football, maybe you'd be qualified to make this sort of assessment, but you clearly don't know enough African players to make a judgement.

zoffie said:
Nashark -

Did you read my post earlier with the youtube clips.

Your saying, "yeah, but are they household names" or *"why don't they play for the best teams", well JJ Okocha wasn't a real household name in England until he came to Bolton, and he never really played for a top team, the most high profile team was probably PSG.

Ronaldinho is a similar player to Okocha both played at PSG, and the next in that lineage is Sessegnon who is currently at PSG, and there was a video posted up for your convenience, but Parisians will tell you how those 3 players 2 of which are African are the most skillful they have seen.

We've seen when it comes to technical players with the likes of Robinho, Ronaldinho etc.. that technical skills are not enough to survive at the best teams.

Again, just because they don't play in the Premiership, a League that favours physical commanding type players, doesn't mean you can make a general statement, if you were more informed in your knowledge of football, maybe you'd be qualified to make this sort of assessment, but you clearly don't know enough African players to make a judgement.

*1. I didn't say this.
*2. Maybe this point is true. Let me tell you, I know enough to make a judgment on football though. I watch a lot of football and Sessegnon is not a name which crops up. Perhaps, because he plays in a bad league. I'm sure I am not on my own. Either way, it is unlikely he is world class with so little exposure.

Toma - If you think attitudes towards Sexism and Racism are the same in real life then you have a lot to learn.

Question to the OP

When you say African, do you mean

Born in Africa or
African descent or
Brought up in Africa or
Black African or
White African or
1st Generation African or
African American or
Afro - Caribean or
.....etc, etc ad infinitum??????

When you define African, then maybe we can have a debate?

TripleTaz said:
smudgedj said:

Yes but his parents are Algerian, therefore he is African, no European player has came close to his level.

So a black is born in Britain he's not British? He was born and brought up in France he is French. Don't even bother giving me the BNP argument of 'if a dog is born in a stable it's still a dog'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.