Why are most (none old-guard) opposing teams and fans so gullible?

1. We are now the team to be feared, and fear breeds hate.
2. Since the takeover there has been a relentless, organised, attack on the club from the media (in all its forms) from open hostility to the slow drip drip of (sub)conscious bias in the language used when talking about is. Tell lies big enough and often enough people will believe especially if they want it to be true.

Yes, good old fashioned jealousy? We liked you when you were shit, we loved your story but we didn't think you'd be this successful
That's pretty much it. I remember a time when we were not too hated by other teams'fans. "Lickle ol' Citeh; God bless 'em. Can't be easy living in ******'s shadow". We're not in the their shadow now, are we? And it hasn't gone down at all well.

I think the premise of this is wrong. Firstly, many people I know, who don’t support the obvious suspects, love watching City ‘stick it to the man’. Secondly, why wouldn’t they believe it, when it’s all they see? We have a population that can’t think critically about things that materially affect their lives and well being so why they would think critically about football?
Finally, and apologies if this isn’t you, but; if this hadn’t happened and then, following the Radcliffe investment, the rags took over and won 6 out of 9 league titles, did both trebles, got 100 points etc and this exact same story was then replicated but with the rags in the hot seat instead of us, we’d be absolutely delighted AND apoplectic. Well, I would anyway……

For the same reason that democracy doesn't work.

Most people aren't very bright and can easily be led by relentless propaganda. Even to the point where they genuinely believe that their enemies are their friends and vice-versa.

The 'official narrative' is incredibly powerful, and in this regard, it says 'City are guilty.'

Let's be honest, most people think that someone arrested for a heinous murder must be guilty, without any hearing of evidence. That is what led to such injustices as the Guildford Four, for example.

Tribalism or they are just dense? I've a fair few mates on FB that follow the shitbags at Old Toilet who have gone down the 'Don't believe anything the MSM say' rabbit hole.

Funnily enough, they believe every word about the charges.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.