Why are we always so poor against Klopp’s Liverpool?

True but Liverpool in an Anfield on fire weren’t just doggedly determined in the two games, they fought like Vikings. Can’t take it away from them. When it matters they outfight and outcompete us. More spirit, more determination and more sheer muscle.

So on the basis of last night's performance, and the league game it's Liverpool who should be streets away at the top of the league. I think they save their energies for our games. Who knows how the home league game would have finished has Mane stayed on the pitch. I think Klippity has the hex on Guardiola, Guardiola knows it, and gets tied in knots trying to find a solution. He doesn't, so he maintains the status quo, and it doesn't work - at Anfield!

True but Liverpool in an Anfield on fire weren’t just doggedly determined in the two games, they fought like Vikings. Can’t take it away from them. When it matters they outfight and outcompete us. More spirit, more determination and more sheer muscle.
Let's not forget more composure. That was the biggest factor Imo. in that first half we appeared to be outfought etc because we were too rattled to do anything properly. I honestly don't think it was a lack of effort, we lost our heads on the big occasion.

It was clear where Liverpool’s weaknesses are the long ball down the middle and we didn’t try it. Look at Sane’s second goal, Aguero against Arsenal in the Cup Final. We lacked pace and urgency. Most of all we needed to keep it tight for 45 mins. 0-0 at half time would be fine. 1 mistake and we crumble.

So on the basis of last night's performance, and the league game it's Liverpool who should be streets away at the top of the league. I think they save their energies for our games. Who knows how the home league game would have finished has Mane stayed on the pitch. I think Klippity has the hex on Guardiola, Guardiola knows it, and gets tied in knots trying to find a solution. He doesn't, so he maintains the status quo, and it doesn't work - at Anfield!

If they played like that every match they’d certainly give us a run for our money. It’s what they do to us at Anfield we need to come to grips with. How they do it and how we can stop them. If we want to win the CL then we have to be able to deal with nights like this when the other team isn’t just going to not lie down, they are going to go for our throats with strength and power.

It’s nights like these we need a couple of players who have a better balance of strength and technique in the squad. And a striking option to match. Jesus is going to be a great player but tonight we needed Sergio or some other fighter.

If they played like that every match they’d certainly give us a run for our money. It’s what they do to us at Anfield we need to come to grips with. How they do it and how we can stop them. If we want to win the CL then we have to be able to deal with nights like this when the other team isn’t just going to not lie down, they are going to go for our throats with strength and power.

It’s nights like these we need a couple of players who have a better balance of strength and technique in the squad. And a striking option to match. Jesus is going to be a great player but tonight we needed Sergio or some other fighter.

I think Mike Doyle will have a rueful smile, God rest his bones!

Let's not forget more composure. That was the biggest factor Imo. in that first half we appeared to be outfought etc because we were too rattled to do anything properly. I honestly don't think it was a lack of effort, we lost our heads on the big occasion.

Composure, very true. I think we are so used to other teams being beaten before the gsme even starts that it’s a shock when we come up against a team in this mood.

I think Mike Doyle will have a rueful smile, God rest his bones!

Absolutely. Hard as nails and a bit tasty with the ball as well.

Not that he would be on the pitch for more than twenty minutes in a modern game where what would be a good tackle is now a Red Card.

Ten minutes if it was a derby. ;)

Klopp's team has actually implemented one of Pep's philosophies against us twice with great success at Anfield. That is blitz the opposition early and get the game won then kill it. In thirty minutes it was over last night. It took longer at Anfield in the league game but they did it in a ten minute period. Sure they tire and don't keep possession well but they won both games.

I’m not having that some of the players aren’t technically good enough, this is a side that went to Napoli and impressed against a far better team than last night.

Liverpool have a quality front 3 and that’s it, fcking Henderson and Milner ffs. We literally just lose our shit for half hour everytime we play there.

Absolutely. Hard as nails and a bit tasty with the ball as well.

Not that he would be on the pitch for more than twenty minutes in a modern game where what would be a good tackle is now a Red Card.

Ten minutes if it was a derby. ;)

If he changed his name to 'Arry Doyle or Deli Doyle he could tackle half way up someone's shin and finish the game with just a yellow!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.