Why are we always so poor against Klopp’s Liverpool?

I’m not having that some of the players aren’t technically good enough, this is a side that went to Napoli and impressed against a far better team than last night.

Liverpool have a quality front 3 and that’s it, fcking Henderson and Milner ffs. We literally just lose our shit for half hour everytime we play there.

But Napoli weren’t bothered in the champions league their manager admitted. He saw it as a distraction. The teams in the premier league are very poor and Liverpool are the only English team brave enough to press this team, which exposes the average technical ability on the ball. Average may not be the right word but they aren’t as good on the ball as we think we are. The warning signs were there to see against shakhtar donetsk in both games as they weren’t afraid to be aggressive against the team.
If you look at kompany and Otamendi, they panicked when they had the ball. You’d never see Pep’s Barca or Bayern teams panic like that, they’d still try to beat the press no mater what.
That’s why Pep bought Laporte because he knows that are defence aren’t good enough to carry out his instructions

If he changed his name to 'Arry Doyle or Deli Doyle he could tackle half way up someone's shin and finish the game with just a yellow!!

:)

I appreciate the skill based modern game that all the rule changes and interpretations have produced but sometimes I miss the blood, mud and thunder of The Olden Days and players like Mike.

We set up to be attacking and keep the ball, not to be defensive against this lot.

However, all we mange to achieve is to continually lose the ball, create fuck all and end up gifting them acres of grass to run in to, all the while looking a complete shambles at the back with players all over the place with seemingly no clue as to what they are supposed to be doing.

It was a fucking abject mess last night. Even in the second half when they stopped pressing and we had all the possession, it was still frustrating and we never once tested their dog shit keeper.

Pep, nor one single player comes out of that game with any credit whatsoever. The lot of them were rubbish and once again, Liverpool duly punished us.

Cut down our passing lanes, particularly to Dave and Kev, press as a team, fast, hard and high. Play in 20 minute pulses of energy because you can’t keep up the press for 90 minutes. You don’t need to be technical players to follow that plan. You do need to be fit, disciplined and committed. That’s the recipe and if you add in their undoubted talent up front, you have the ideal plan to beat us. Pep needs to counter this if we aren’t going to be stuffed every time we go to Anfield. He will do it but not in time for us to progress in the CL this year. Interesting to see the effect on the individuals - ilke hid. Don’t like writing that but it’s true. Kyle not great under pressure. Vinnie’s distribution goes from adequate to weak. Kev and Dave become peripheral through lack of space/ball.

How do you counter this. Multiple ways but probably the most difficult to execute is what we do - try and maintain our normal game. It’s a bit like continuing to conduct the orchestra as the titanic goes down - maybe revised tactics are called for.

Lose a battle,but win the war is my line of thought,18 points clear of them with a game in hand,Klopp has to put energy into his team to beat others as much as he does when it comes to playing us,beat us in Jan,then next game lose at Swansea,probably same happen Saturday when Everton do them.

It is frustrating,but as I've always said you need luck in cup competitions,will they be as lucky v Madrid/Barca or Munich in semi's......if we go out that is

You could also ask, why don't Liverpool play that way against other teams? They seem to raise their game against us

David Silva wouldn't have had a fifteen year career in pro football, and many of the 'creatives' similarly!

Probably not without developing the hard edges small and skilful players like Giles had.

But then again, truly great small players like Best had the skills to transcend it all, without even shin pads.

It’s certainly true that if we transported modern footballers to the Seventies it’d be a massive shock to most.

Great players would be great in any era I think. They might not look as great but they’d adapt. Bring players like Cruyff and Pele into the modern game and they’d feel like they’d died and gone to Heaven.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.