Why are we being linked with mid level signings?

Pigeonho said:
doomuk said:
I think its laughable that 6 months ago everyone was saying 'this player isnt good enough for where we are going' etc etc

and now people want to buy players well below the required standard and convince themselves that there good buys for us.

laughable!
I take it you're referring to Messrs Sinclair and Garcia?

Yes but also players and managers we were being linked with.

citizens_1976 said:
Benteke may not be a massive name, but he is a player who has all the attributes to be a huge success at City. We play a nice passing build up game and Benteke is VERY VERY good at holding the ball up. He never seems to lose it and is very good technically, brings other players into play. Now we have Navas, Benteke would have an absolute field day with crosses being whipped in the box. He is superb in the air and when we play teams like Everton and Stoke, we have really struggled to break them down... but Benteke gives us that other option, that other dimension because of his power and aggression. He can hustle and bustle for 90 minutes and still link play up between the midfielders. He is more than just a target man... he also has terrific pace and can play on the last shoulder of a defender and with players like Silva, Nasri and Toure threading balls through, he could score an absolute bag full. Put it this way... if Benteke came to City for 25m and Cavani went to Chelsea for around 50m... i would put good money on Benteke finishing the season with more goals than Cavani, given that he gets around the same number of games. He is an ABSOLUTE monster and like i said, defenders are feared to death of him. Just look at the way he bullied John Terry and David Luiz around, the way he bullied Vidic and Smalling, the way he bullied Heitinga and Jagielka and Skrtel and Carragher... he would be that different type of player who would bring something new to our line up. We have all the skill in the world in our side, but sometimes you need a striker who can throw his weight around and be a nightmare for opposition defences just like Drogba was. He also looks to me as if he has a big mentality and unlike Dzeko, he does not let anyone bully him about. Great finisher as well.

I was impressed with Benteke last season - with a good side playing behind him he could be immense. I know a lot of these players don't go on to the business when they move to bigger clubs but he's proven he can score a hatful in the PL and that was in a poor Villa side. Only problem is he still has 3 years on his contract and we will end up paying well over the odds - but he's only 22 and will get better.

johnmc said:
These top level players are not always a sucess you know.

Most premier league sides have several expensive top level flops

Dzeko and Nasri were both considered top level players when we signed them. Yet in actual fact those are the two players who people would most like to see pushed further down the pecking order. Definitely some irony in that somewhere!

kun said:
Because the TOP level signings have gone (Neymar, Falcao, Gotze, Isco), don't want to leave (El Shaarawy, Draxler, Reus) or are ridiculously expensive (Cavani).
Lewandowski seems set on Bayern and Suarez is a ****.

Excellent. Posts don't come much more concise than this!

Gimme gimme gimme mentality. It's a joke. Negredo, Soldado etc would do a good job for us. Not stellar names no, but proven in their leagues and in some cases Europe. Have to be realistic with FFP and the knowledge we can't just play 11 superstars every game and expect to have 8 superstars on the bench. It's not fucking FIFA ultimate team.

banbury_blue said:
That opening to this thread is possibly the most arrogant thing I've ever read on Bluemoon.
Arrogant how? Because I wouldn't want Fred and think we can do better? Comments like that is what's wrong with bluemoon to many people here discourage people to want to express there opinions because they don't agree or want to just woman for the sake of bitching if u don't like what's said shut the fuck up and don't read or reply on the thread it's simple..people have there own minds and opinions if you can't accept that then forums are not the thing for you

eddiemarin09 said:
banbury_blue said:
That opening to this thread is possibly the most arrogant thing I've ever read on Bluemoon.
Arrogant how? Because I wouldn't want Fred and think we can do better? Comments like that is what's wrong with bluemoon to many people here discourage people to want to express there opinions because they don't agree or want to just woman for the sake of bitching if u don't like what's said shut the fuck up and don't read or reply on the thread it's simple..people have there own minds and opinions if you can't accept that then forums are not the thing for you

Wasn't Banbury expressing his opinion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.