Why are you a City fan?

I'm originally from Scotland but have lived in Manchester / Stockport for 35 years. When I came here I first lived in Didsbury. After a couple of years not going to football I missed it so decided to go to see the rags playing. Went three times but never really felt anything. Not long after that took a couple of mates I met in Didsbury to Edinburgh for the weekend and went to see my home town team ( Motherwell ) play hearts in the Scottish cup. A couple of weeks later they took me to see city play. Not long after I started going home and away. Although I've not exactly been a regular attendee recently I fully intend going on a regular basis and getting a season ticket next year

Back in my country I used to follow a team coached by Pellers, then he left to Europe to take over in Villarreal/madrid/Malaga. I have been leaving in Canada for the last 12 years and somehow I started to follow the games of City season 12-13 once Pellers took over Mancini and well... I started to get really into the games, I did a lot of you tubing so I learnt about the Aguero moment from a few years ago, and then started to search for a Man city forum to learn a bit more about the club (the Bluemoon) and I kept reading more and watching old clips of city's games until I ended up watching the best goals of Colin Bell in you tube,by then I realized that I was a City fan. A chilean living in Canada following a team from Manchester coached by another Chilean. I guess is not that difficult to understand that. Pellers can leave but I am staying!!!

studied in Manchester (summer of 2010) for a month and was getting into soccer around that time. decided I should pick one of the Manchester teams to follow, but united was too popular at the time for me. I went with the smaller club that had a bright future. think I chose well

first match I saw was that same summer with a preseason at the Etihad against Valencia. didn't have a ticket and I arrived at the match late. all the ticket windows were closed so I knocked on one that had a few people chatting inside. said they couldn't sell me a ticket (not sure why? because the match started? is that a thing?). I must have had the saddest most depressed look on my face when I heard that because the guy called me back as I was walking away and gave me free tickets.

then maybe a year or two later I saw City lose 3-1 at Anfield. was a good crowd but I hated the city

would love to move to the UK and go to more matches. maybe one day

17, Dutch, l met a few Blues when City did a preseason in Holland. Was invited to Maine Rd / Kippax when Colin Bell returned from injury to see City beat Nwcastle 4-0. Need l say more ...

Growing up in the Lancaster /Morecambe area i always used to go and see Blackpool one week and then Preston the next with my step-father- this was in the mid 60's. Then one Saturday around 1970 one of my mates asked if i wanted to go with him to see City play. We got off the coach and i thought ' where the hell have we come?' , but then when we finally climbed to the top of the stairway and walked onto the Kippax i though this is it.
Managed to get to as many games s i could but it took me three years to see them win - sign for the future there - but even when i lived in London used to catch the train up most weeks but then wife and kids made money tight and became a bit of an armchair supporter for a few years. Back with a seasoncard this year and looking forward to taking my daughters sonto his first game probably after christmas (his dad's a rag) so he can hopefully carry on when i'm long gone!

simple answer to the op, i was born a blue, didn't know it, but from the moment I was born until I knew what was what it was too late me dad saw to that, been a blue every minute of every day since.

Late father was a Spurs fan because he liked Jimmy Greaves and mum vaguely followed City because of living in Harpurhey. I had no real interest in football as a teenager because I was in to music, film, books etc. However, City's relegation to the third tier struck a chord with me and I went to Blackpool at home with a diehard Blue the following season as a favour to a mate. I was hooked in one match and now go more often than he does.

Travel up from my base in London for every home Premier League match. Cherry pick the others because of funds.

After moving from Glasgow as a kid, we lived in Ladybarn. All my friends were Blues, and my Dad took me to my first game (Everton in the FA Cup '81). That was me hooked from that day! It was only after moving to Chorlton a year or so later that I realised there was a Utd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.