Why City?

morleyswife said:
Love this thread and had a tear in my eye

Grandad and Dad in a nutshell
Have stated this before but from Salford and my grandad god bless him used to go to every united and city home game. He chose City because of the ****** disaster and the reaction at the time when Bolton paraded the cup around old trafford. Bricks thrown at the bus etc

My Gran has stood on the kippax pregnant with my dad and she proudly says it. Love her to bits as I did my Grandad, she still listens to them on GMR even though she is knocking on a bit

My dad never had a choice and neither did I

mustve been a proper blue ur old man and ur grandad r.i.p his soul btw

i can't actually remember when i started being be a blue, my first ever football memory was when i was 7 and it was the cup final in 1977 with the Rags & Bin dippers. all i remember was being desperate for the rags to lose. i know at that point i was already a blue.

Like most others, Dad, mum and both grandads followed city. All of my uncles (especially on mums side) have season tickets and my first kit was a city kit (the one with the white diamond shapes in it from the 80's) and remember me and my cousin wearing them when we played against friends who supported them.

I was on citys books when i was younger and it was amazing playing games in the city kit but i fell into bad habbits. Doh!

Apparently my dad had blue spunk and out I came into this world born a throw in away from the ground. Both my brothers and my sister are also blue.

Blue blood will always run through my veins. Followed the team since 76 and most of that as been shite.

Remember the days when we won fuck all (not too long ago) and it was cool as fuck to support City.

I always assumed it was because i liked the kit as a kid....................but my 'olds' inform me i saw a City bedside lamp (76 league cup winners) in a market in '76 (i was 6) and threw a tantrum until they bought it for me!!!

Threw same tantrum until they bought me the kit each season!!

because of my dad. had a season ticket since i was 4. tho my dad said i used to jus piss around and play with a lucky bag. in my 1st season. lol. i remeber when i was 4 -5 i use to ask everyone if they supported city. i even use to ask the zoo keppers at chester zoo if the lions etc.. supported city.

My Grand Parents on my mums side were all blues, on my dad's side all rags, but i really got into City when my mum divorced and re-married to a city fan, and he took my to my first game at Maine Road around 1990, i remember sitting on his shoulders as he stood in the kippax stand, ever since then i've been a loyal blue!

This question comes up time & time again on this site, it's great! Should be a sticky or summat!

Said this before, but my dad wasn't into football, he was a rugby league fanatic who supported Wigan. I went along with him, but he new I was far more interested in football. Coming from Tyldesley, there's a lot of red's with a few blues & my dad hated Utd. don't know why, but he did!

I badgered & badgered him to take me to a football game & he took me to Maine Rd! He didn't want me to be a Rag!!! Love him. It was in 71, really can't remember who it was against, Wolves I think. Became a blue & at school the blues stuck together. We went to games together. I took me brother when I returned from a weekend at Uni in 83, went in the Platt Lane End with him. Old 2nd Div game. Had to take him to make sure he wasn't a Rag. We now both sit together & are st's.

Wouldn't follow anyone else & I thank my dad every day! God bless him. He died of cancer in 92, but even at the very end he hated Utd. I remember watchin a match on tele with him by the side of his bed them playin v Leeds & he hated them with a passion.

Would love to know why!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.