Why City?

Was 6 years old and all the Aunts and Uncles were round at our place (my mum is one of 12 brothers and sisters - so there are a load of Aunts and Uncles).
Anyway - there was a football match on the TV and they were laughing at the team in blue.
I didn't understand why, but felt sorry for the team and wanted to support the under-dog.

A few years later I realised that the team in blue was Man City - the match was City V Spurs 1981 FA Cup Replay and my whole family were indeed Man U fans - anyway I was meant to be the only City fan in whole extended family and even though the last 25 years or so have been a nightmare (most of the time)....the future is now BLUE.

Originally from Ashton and now in Dubai.....can't wait for the next 25 years.

CTID

My whole family are blues and I was taken to my first game at the age of 5. Been a blue ever since.

Started suporting city when Sven beacame coach mostly because he is from sweden. But after a while the team became more important than the coach. But now i actually like Mark Hughes better.

Family are all blues, Grandad was at the Stoke 84,000 game, Dad was at St James for the Championship.

Kippax season ticket holder in mid 70's, use to sit above the tunnel chucking ripped up newspaper a la world cup 78.

First memory is of buying the boys in blue single in the kippax from a bloke with a tray round his neck, like you use to get in the cinemas, also remember king colins testimonial game and having a cry when he walked over to the kippax.

Now alas living darn sarf.

Simple.

My father said to me one day "is it red or blue for you?"
and if it's red you're out the door and I won't see you no more
and then one Saturday afternoon he took me to Moss Side
He said "my son your time has come and this is a lesson in pride"
You see the scum you never run
You stand and fight your ground
and when you've won on derby day
You're sure to hear this sound
Hark now hear
The City sing
United ran away
And we will fight for ever more
Because of Derby day. ;0)

der bomber28 said:
Simple.

My father said to me one day "is it red or blue for you?"
and if it's red you're out the door and I won't see you no more
and then one Saturday afternoon he took me to Moss Side
He said "my son your time has come and this is a lesson in pride"
You see the scum you never run
You stand and fight your ground
and when you've won on derby day
You're sure to hear this sound
Hark now hear
The City sing
United ran away
And we will fight for ever more
Because of Derby day. ;0)

lol been wondering that line of the song for ages! never knew it

for me its becaus emy dad was a blue... ever since ive developed a natural hatred for anything red. my earliest memory of city is no idea what game, i was standing on my seat with a massive bottle of limeade, city scored and it went all over the 2 gents in front of me

Born a manc, lived there till I was 12, moved to Leeds, had a season ticket since I was 6! My dad made me support City, I love them soooo much! CTID!

me dad! took me to the kippax 1977 v Newcastle, we won and that was it.

Interestingly my school in salford was 50/50 blue / red so it wasn't such a hardship!

That puts that urban myth to bed!!

Oh and while I'm on the subject it really winds me up to hear blues say salford is red and o/t is in salford!!

It's not !! its firmly in TRAFFORD- a Manchester council connerbation !?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.