Why didn't you go to the Leipzig game?

I don't know Kevin Parker from Adam, nobody speaks for me as a Blue.

However, I find it incredibly uncomfortable that he's being made the patsy by both Sky and Pep.

He's the head of a supporters group and was asked for comment in light of what Pep said, he's responded to the only words the manager used.

If Pep doesn't want his words to be misconstrued, then take ownership at the time, rather than providing cheap soundbites for people who have not a good word to say about us as a club.

The attendance discussion is so tiresome. I wouldn’t mind but the likes of Barcelona, Milan, Inter etc rarely even have half full stadiums which never seems to be mentioned.

Having said that, I don’t think the club has helped themselves over years with the banning of flags on the second tier, LED boards replacing seats, increased ticket prices. Small changes but they slowly suck the life out of the stadium and reduce the appetite for people to get tickets.

- No trains back to London after the match
- Return from Seaford to Manchester Wednesday, returning on thursday for my two sons and me is £593.70
- Hotel would add a further £100
- Car journey takes 5 hours each way and would cost £110 petrol
- Self-employed and would lose one day's pay travelling to the game.
- I'm on the DD scheme so paid for my tickets but had to write them off.
- Sense of loyalty went after that decision to give out tickets for the Everton game via a lottery, so I'll go when it suits me now, not because I feel City need me there..
- First game I've missed this season, but I'll be there on Saturday..

I think transport puts people off midweek, the metrolink is an absolute joke... 25mins after the full time whistle for the first double tram to turn up is a piss take, we missed our 22:30 train from piccadilly and then had to wait another hour to get on the next train 23:35 meaning I didn't get home til gone midnight and I only live in Stalybridge so anyone who's had the same experience and is up early for work the next day or has kids at school the next morning there's no chance they are going to go.

Didn't go because quite frankly I'm pissed off. Cannot park, cannot speak with anyone to fix issues, constantly on hold for hours, never get a response to e-mails, chasing rules and impositions at the last minute, and piss poor communication for everything they attempt to do. Can't be arsed with the faff around mobile ticketing. Even in the stadium you get bent over dry-fucked for a bottle of water.

Can't believe I'd ever come to the point of considering this - it seemed almost impossible a year ago - but me and the lad are now on the verge of cancelling the £2000 worth of direct debits for the season tickets.

It's not the team, its not Pep or the experience of watching City play. We love it and always have.

However it feels more and more like we are trying to support our team DESPITE the best efforts of the corporate clusterfuck being imposed on us, and it's grinding us down. We've gone from attending every game in all Tournaments with high enthusiasm to feeling rather disenfranchised and undervalued.

Just as an example I've spent 4 hours on hold today trying to resolve an issue that should never have been a problem. I'm still only 62 in the queue and have been for the duration of typing this response.

We will always support City but match attendance is now harder than ever, cannot transfer to friends without a load of hassle. cannot move seats easily, cannot buy tickets for friends to accompany us without hassle. Cannot park easily in our usual carpark. It's a complete clusterfuck and has represented a significant deterioration in our match day experience.

It's not one single thing that's pissed us off, but a succession of screw-ups, and a complete lack of respect for the fans over the years. Feels like as fan we are completely undervalued by the corporate fuckery that stands between us and our team.

Maybe after I have had a bit of kip and some time to think I might change my mind, but right now I'm pissed off.

So yeah - I get it. We want to be there but until they sort out the monumental clustefuck they are creating by screwing with our matchday experience, we won't be bothering.

Can't be arsed going to Champions League games anymore. Happy for us to commit to the competition as a club, but a few years ago I changed jobs and getting home in time to get back to the Etihad was too difficult. Got out of the habit of going to games and started watching on TV instead.

Still go to every league game (season ticket holder) and will try to get tickets for later rounds in the FA Cup & Carabao, but the "matchday experience" of a Champions League game is as dull as sin and the feeling of being in the Champions League is very rarely worth the hassle of getting to games on a weeknight for me.

It all gets to be too expensive in the end. Cup schemes, cup tickets, drink at the game, petrol, etc. Easier to stay in.
Ditto

I don't know Kevin Parker from Adam, nobody speaks for me as a Blue.

However, I find it incredibly uncomfortable that he's being made the patsy by both Sky and Pep.

He's the head of a supporters group and was asked for comment in light of what Pep said, he's responded to the only words the manager used.

If Pep doesn't want his words to be misconstrued, then take ownership at the time, rather than providing cheap soundbites for people who have not a good word to say about us as a club.
The best thing Kevin Parker could have done is not gotten involved at all, or at the very least straight batted the question by saying he didn't have a problem with what Pep said - even if he did.

Kevin Parker, as head of a supporters group, should be well aware of the context of the remarks made by Pep and how they were likely to have been taken up by the media. By responding in the manner he has, he's poured fuel on to flame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.