Why do you follow City?

felixbg said:
my dad ... and the fact i wanted to be different from my entire school. my class was all red except for me one leeds fans and a blackburn fan.
Same here exept my class where all arsenal/liverpool

1967,Celtic had won the European Cup,i was almost 10.My mates at primary school had started following English teams.They only had red,blue or white shirts.(scum,pool,chelsea,leeds prob).Who was this Man City mob that had just been promoted ?.And sky blue shirt,different or what.Xmas day 67 i got my 1st City shirt,that was it,fukin hooked.Won the league that season,then fa cup,cup winners cup,league cups.Ok since 1976 we've won fuck all,but I WILL NEVER EVER STOP SUPPORTING MANCHESTER CITY F.C....LOWS,,,Stoke 5-2 and we still went down,HIGHS,,,Gillingham,Blackburn 4-1,Scum 5-1,4-1,3-1,2-1 at swamp,Spurs 4-3 plus too many to mention.In my heart i believe we are going to be a massive club within the next 2-3 years.ROLLERCOASTER CITY F.C....C+CTID.BLUEMOON HAIL HAIL.

Dad was a Blue brought up in Hulme then moved to Woodhouse Park, Mum was from a large Blue family from Benchill so City was part of the DNA ! Cant remember exactly how old I was but my uncle (Dabz who posts on here) took me to meet Dennis Tuart at a Junior Blues meeting !! First game was home to Chelsea drew 1-1 and favourite player was Jim Tolmie ! Also my old man had gotten to know Bobby MacDonald from the pub LOL and Frank Carrodus was a mate and neighbour too so was another feather in Citys cap ! Once a blue always a Blue !!!

My Mums sister was a model at the time, started dating Andy Dibble when he played for Citeh, she would give me shirts and stuff as gifts and started taking me to matches around the age of 5-7

My Dad being a bolton fan heard about this, tried stopping me and enticed me with trips to burnden park (old bolton ground) when he would pick me up at weekends.
Enjoyed the matches in the old division 4, some great times but always kept an eye on City and followed them...

In my early teens my Dad went living in Spain, he now supports Malaga CF, and I started going to Maine Road myself and watching games, first game i went to by myself was sadly a 1-0 loss against Bury in the championship, still didn't put me off going back even though we were relegated that season into league one

So why do I follow City? because Andy Dibble wanted his end away with a young page3 model

gagiesotherhalf said:
Family originally lived on Hyde Road, Gorton.
Grandad used to walk down and watch them there, and dragged most of his brothers along too. Toppest blue ever, he taught me from a very early age to detest the Rags, and as a kid would always make sure I had 'holy pictures' (i.e. City pics) on my bedroom wall!
He contributed a great deal about the Hyde Road era to Gary James' first big book: Manchester, the Greatest City, so if you've ever read those chapters you've read about my grandad! Very proud of that but sad that he died just a few weeks before the book was published.

My bro also helped by dragging me along to Maine Road as a young lass.

I've worked out who your Grandad was and if I'm right, I agree with what you say. His comments on his early memories of City helped shape understanding on what it was like to be a Blue. I was grateful to him for sharing his memories - as his death proved shortly before the book came out, it's important to capture those sort of things.

Not sure this will be the most popular answer, but really I picked them from a hat. I learned to love football at an older age, but couldn't side with the Rags or Red Dippers here. And that's mostly all there is.

I really fell in love after the derby a couple years ago, but really I think I was born to be sky blue.

ctid indeed.

Gary James said:
gagiesotherhalf said:
Family originally lived on Hyde Road, Gorton.
Grandad used to walk down and watch them there, and dragged most of his brothers along too. Toppest blue ever, he taught me from a very early age to detest the Rags, and as a kid would always make sure I had 'holy pictures' (i.e. City pics) on my bedroom wall!
He contributed a great deal about the Hyde Road era to Gary James' first big book: Manchester, the Greatest City, so if you've ever read those chapters you've read about my grandad! Very proud of that but sad that he died just a few weeks before the book was published.

My bro also helped by dragging me along to Maine Road as a young lass.

I've worked out who your Grandad was and if I'm right, I agree with what you say. His comments on his early memories of City helped shape understanding on what it was like to be a Blue. I was grateful to him for sharing his memories - as his death proved shortly before the book came out, it's important to capture those sort of things.

Hi Gary, yes it was Harry (our grandad who brainwashed us!) :) I am sure you will remember him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.