Why do you support Manchester City?

Dad & Uncle brought me up a Blue. Once a Blue always a Blue (40 years on). My Grandad was also Blue through & through. Bringing me nicely onto my 2 Sons brought through the crusher during the 80's & are (proud to say) Blues with Blue blood like all City supporters & what a privilege to see where we are @ the moment!

Mums side all rags, dad not into football but at age of 4 (1976)I was given a city football kit by my dad (his brother was a blue), I lived in it for about 2 weeks even slept in it. Full umbro kit with hard nylon shorts and itchy polyester socks, I'm told I even wore my boots to bed (proper full kit wanker).

Been obsessed ever since and never ever questioned my loyalty. Loved being blue even through hard times. Even better my dad been as obsessed as me, if not more, since we got relegated to 3rd tier.

My grandad took my dad and 4 uncles to watch City in the 60's but for whatever reason one became a rag, one became a red scouse, one stopped following football and followed rugby league instead but my dad and my eldest uncle stuck with City therefore I was made a blue as soon as I was born.

I'm a rare kind of City fan, usually you'll find its because of relatives or friends etc that got you supporting City. I didn't know anyone who supports city friends or family. Not one person in my school supportered them. I use to go and watch Preston, Blackpool and fucking Ipswich as a 10 year old, with my mate who was 2 years older than me. We use to bunk trains to go and watch the games but I never really thought much of any of those teams.then one day he asked if I fancied going to watch City, 1989/90. To cut it short, being on the kippax as a young kid was something special, it wasn't the team that made me a blue, it was the fans. Being crushed when we scored, fans telling me to stand at the front as it wasn't safe for a small young lad like me, fuck that I said, I'm staying at the back, it's fucking ace!!!

In a school full of Liverpool and united fans i was proud to say I'm a blue, they couldn't understand why I supported such a shit team, I use to say, we might be shit but at least I go to the games!

How times have changed, in my 7 year old daughters class, there's 6 City fans!

Because in 1971, my older brother wouldn't let me choose his team, Leeds, and City was the next closest team that wasn't from Trafford. Thank you very much, big brother. Oh, and Billy Bremner is still a thug.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.