Why do you support Manchester City?

Blue Hawaii said:
Living in Hawaii of all places I wasn't exposed to the EPL growing up. It was only until recent years that we are able to catch stations which air the games. My interest peaked because of the World Cup in 2010. A friend of mind liked to watch Spain and was raving about a guy named Silva from Valencia. Although Silva didn't play much in that WC I heard he was going to Manchester City and I wanted to see how he was going to do. I did have a little clue about Manchester United and knew from the start that I didn't want to support that team. They are like the New York Yankees. Everything that I don't like in a club. I didn't have a clue about the fortunes of City though. Not until later, but what could I do by then? It didn't matter. I wouldn't consider myself a glory hunter. I do prefer teams that are the underdogs. I'm slowly learning about City's history and give a lot of credit to the supporter who did stick with their club and being in the shadow of their neighbors all these years. That is what I love about this club. I was jumping up and down at 6 in the morning Hawaii time when Aguero scored that goal on that day. I must have meant so much more for all of you. Silva is still my favorite player, but I can say even when he moves on I will support the club. I watch every single match and live and die with the team. Gutted when we lose, elated when we win. Early matches are about 2 in the morning by the way. There are few football fans here where I live and I'm probably the only City fan, but oh well. Cheers from Hawaii!

want to do a house swop. you get to live 2 miles from the stadium and a platinum season card. you get to keep the wife and the daughter too.

welcome to bluemoon :)

Reading all these stories from Overseas Blues just convinces me that to be a City fan you have to be a certain type of person, if you are and have an interest in football you will get drawn into the club, it's been said before its more of a cult than a club, and as such once they have you, you can never leave try as you might ;-)

I hope some of you manage to get over to Manchester to see a game or two in the near future, England is so much more than London

Both sets of Grandparents were blue, started off as an armchair fan, but went to my first match in the early 70s with my brother. As a 5'2" female midget being crushed against the barriers in the Kippax, the banter, the singing, the humour, the being hoisted round the ground every time a goal was scored, I was hooked. I couldn't afford a season ticket in my teens but tried to go to most of the home matches. Had a wobbly spell and married a rag, but saw the error of my ways, and since 20 years married to someone else holding season tickets along with my sons watching a class of football we could only dream of for so many years.
So proud to be with my 3 sons, and nephew at the Etihad when we won the League. Wish the atmosphere in the family stand was as good as the Kippax, but you can't have everything....

Ducado said:
Reading all these stories from Overseas Blues just convinces me that to be a City fan you have to be a certain type of person, if you are and have an interest in football you will get drawn into the club, it's been said before its more of a cult than a club, and as such once they have you, you can never leave try as you might ;-)

I hope some of you manage to get over to Manchester to see a game or two in the near future, England is so much more than London

I'm from New York, so I got interested in football not too long ago about 3 years ago. Some friends in college got me into football. An engineer from Bulgaria-Barca supporter, A Pharmacist and on our College's Club "Soccer" team-Rags supporter, another engineer friend- Real Madrid and Benfica Supporter. I knew members of my college's Soccer team (on scholarships), I played intramural basketball with them, and many were Chelsea supporters.

I decided to take up a club to support with no allegiances as I could not debate with them whose club was best. I watched a few matches Chelsea first- they didn't resonate, then Bayern- commentary killed me, and lastly I watched City play Salzburg in the Europa League. Adam Johnson had this mazy solo goal that was awesome to watch and chose city then and there. Little to my knowledge City's history mirrored my other love, the New York Knicks! the dark years mirrored my Knicks. The last time the Knicks won a title was 1970 and We have been utter crap since 2000 (City Luckily have gotten better), the similarities were eerie.

I am moving to California soon, so I will have to be up even earlier to watch matches...I told my wife that when I strike it rich we are going to Manchester, get a tour of the stadium, go to the City Store and watch a match. It is #1 on my bucket list.

To all the blues wherever you are on our wonderful
blue planet....have a fantastic Christmas and if you don`t
celebrate Christmas have a fantastic time anyway.

55 years ago i was dragged to cold trafford by an uncle i didnt want to go but was told im going to support the rags, i thought fuck this im a gorton lad and im going to support gods own team that play in blue and have done eversince ctid.<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:28 pm --<br /><br />55 years ago i was dragged to cold trafford by an uncle i didnt want to go but was told im going to support the rags, i thought fuck this im a gorton lad and im going to support gods own team that play in blue and have done eversince ctid.

imbluethruandthru said:
55 years ago i was dragged to cold trafford by an uncle i didnt want to go but was told im going to support the rags, i thought fuck this im a gorton lad and im going to support gods own team that play in blue and have done eversince ctid.

-- Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:28 pm --

55 years ago i was dragged to cold trafford by an uncle i didnt want to go but was told im going to support the rags, i thought fuck this im a gorton lad and im going to support gods own team that play in blue and have done eversince ctid.

Just over 55 years ago me Uncle Matt came down from Whitehaven for summat, and me, me Dad and Uncle Matt went to the footy. Thank the Christ it was City playing at home!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.