Why do you support Manchester City?

Coz I hate united !!!! And the first time I walked up the steps at the back of the Kippax and look down over all the fans and on to the pitch the hairs on the back of my neck stud up I was hooked and still Iam !!!

being a Manchester family there is no other team ! granddad was City, my dad is City, I am City and my two lads are City......... long may it continue....

forgot to say that it doesn't matter where you are in the world if a City fan see's another City we always stop for a chat ...I think that say's a lot about our fans.

No reason, I only know I do, and always have. All the passion in the world for City, and not one speck for any other team, not even England.

I started supporting city when his highness took over and the reason was that we were relatively underdogs as compared to others teams at that time n plus didn't had any great history to speak abt,but one thing that was there was potential cause of the intent shown by the owner and slowly and surely love for city started growing and then cme along fa cup n the title.
One thing I always had though was Ultimate hatred for United even so city was the best possible choice,proud to b a blue:)

It was 1964 & i was 10yrs old and got a subbuteo team in light blue as a present, brilliant.

mrt4919 said:
Early 1966 in the school playground on a Monday morning, a second year watching a mate in a sky blue and white scarf and looking like he was getting a hard time of it, surrounded by a group of 8 lads from the same year.
I went over and stood by him
They were rags, as obnoxious then as now.Taking the piss out of him for wearing a scarf, 95% of the school were rags, I was not into watching football but he was. A blue through and through and proud of a team led by Mercer and Allison marching out of the old second division as Champions.
He was facing them alone and I joined him, we stood them off.
I was a Blue from that moment, this was a fight worth fighting. Manchester at that time was dominated by the bastards, just a few years after Munich and our club were treated as a non entity, to see a Blue scarf was a major event.
Within 3 years the world had changed, we became Allisons "young guard" and we dominated the League, the Kippax had found its voice and we feared no one.
I have never left them, always had a dream from those days that we would dominate European football, held onto it during the dark times and now so many years later believe that I will live to see it.
We are a cult club and have always been beyond the understanding of the idiot media.

What a cracking post sir

My Dad and Godfather were both originally from Glasgow and settled in Manchester - Cheetham Hill - via Leeds where he met my Mum. They were both staunch Loyal Orange Lodge members and, of course, fanatical Rangers fans. I was born in 1967 and when I first started to become interested in football (about 1972 - I was 5) my Dad and Godfather decided my team for me. Apart from Rangers - of course - there was only 1 choice for them.

They took me to Maine Road. Why? I'm not too sure about the history behind it but City were perceived as the Protestant club in Manchester and allied to Rangers and Unit*d were perceived to be Catholic and allied to Celtic.

Maybe they yearned for the Sectarianism of Glasgow but I never found it like that at all and I also think they realised for a young lad supporting a team over 200 miles away would never be a great connection (hmmmm.....)

Since that time I've been a blue through thick and thin, let's be honest more thin than thick but we're improving on that. Although I was a Squaddie and away most of the time I still managed to get to games. My proudest moment was taking my lad at 6 (I think) to Maine Road where we managed to get tickets for his first game after coming back from Germany. His first game, all face paint & ice lollys, was against Sheffield United where we hammered them 5-2 and his second game was one where we hammered someone 7-something in the League cup (I forget who it was against). Obviously both in the Dickov/Goater era watching from the Platt Lane, behind the goal. I thought to myself, ok, 2 games in - 12 goals scored - bound to stay a blue.

He is still, at nearly 21, a huge blue and goes to more games than I do exiled in the North East - he also has many more posts on here than me - he can give you his name if he wants to save him embarrassment. Actually maybe I should just upload the pictures of his first game to flush him out ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.